• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If the boot fits...... 2019 set up

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was poking around the FT site. It appears most of the boots are geared towards park/freeride/big mountain skiers. What is their Joe Liftserved model? The Classic? I had Raichle Flexons many moons ago and was pleased with them.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I was poking around the FT site. It appears most of the boots are geared towards park/freeride/big mountain skiers. What is their Joe Liftserved model? The Classic? I had Raichle Flexons many moons ago and was pleased with them.

Narrow Feet= First Chair
Wide Feet= Descendant
Wide AT/touring= Ascendant
Narrow AT/touring= nada

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Narrow Feet= First Chair
Wide Feet= Descendant
Wide AT/touring= Ascendant
Narrow AT/touring= nada
Nothing aimed at groomer/front side stuff?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How are you doing cuff alignment on that boot? It is tuff to do that by yourself on most boots. I was lucky when I had my Flexon Comps the Reichle Tech guy did it for me when he was visiting my shop, glad I did not have to do it myself.

Any chance of a photo of the boot open or the shell alone?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
How are you doing cuff alignment on that boot? It is tuff to do that by yourself on most boots. I was lucky when I had my Flexon Comps the Reichle Tech guy did it for me when he was visiting my shop, glad I did not have to do it myself.

Any chance of a photo of the boot open or the shell alone?

It’s a 2 part answer:

As a child I had horrible alignment, yet awesome parents. I was braced thru till middle school. I now have freakishly perfect alignment.

As for the boot, unlike the old Flexons- this boot has an outer only & very minimal adjustment. The cuff & the clog actually are attached by the outer rivet.

I’ll likely leave em at neutral. They are at the shop, but I will get some shots.

I will say this, it’s an exciting time to be a foot. With many 102mm + boots on the market now, it’s only a good thing.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
It’s a 2 part answer:

As a child I had horrible alignment, yet awesome parents. I was braced thru till middle school. I now have freakishly perfect alignment.

As for the boot, unlike the old Flexons- this boot has an outer only & very minimal adjustment. The cuff & the clog actually are attached by the outer rivet.

I’ll likely leave em at neutral. They are at the shop, but I will get some shots.

I will say this, it’s an exciting time to be a foot. With many 102mm + boots on the market now, it’s only a good thing.
Thanks, you are correct it is a great time for the foot. I have had some good boots in the past and some tuff boots(my Flexon Comps) that I had to live through. That is what I get for trying to stuff my 111MM right foot and my 109MM left foot into a 98 last. The 10.2 Technica I have now may be the best fit off the shelf I have ever owned.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Thanks, you are correct it is a great time for the foot. I have had some good boots in the past and some tuff boots(my Flexon Comps) that I had to live through. That is what I get for trying to stuff my 111MM right foot and my 109MM left foot into a 98 last. The 10.2 Technica I have now may be the best fit off the shelf I have ever owned.

Yes & now FT, Tecnica Mach HV, Rossi/Lange are putting out 120 flex plus 102mm kicks.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Just awaiting a Booster:

•GripWalk
•140 Flex #12 Tongues
•Nordica Direct Driver plates

;)

4BC9A1C8-3AB3-4F86-A09A-5CC948BC6529.jpeg

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Nice! I am waiting for my new boots, the Roxa R3w 105 ti to come in. I am psyched to go back to a 3 piece shell and have more toe room.

What I liked about the 3 piece shell is how the ribbed tongue modulated the vibration & crud. Prior 3 piece boots flexed well, but he fit on this feels so dialed.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good luck.

I have to add a Nordica Driver plate to the tongues: more power!!!

These look like something I need. I am getting some Full Tilt Ascendants because I love the Flexon flex and want the walk mode but they seem a little low in the tongue. Do the Nordica Driver plates prevent shin bang (a problem for me) in addition to/instead of just increasing forward leverage?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
These look like something I need. I am getting some Full Tilt Ascendants because I love the Flexon flex and want the walk mode but they seem a little low in the tongue. Do the Nordica Driver plates prevent shin bang (a problem for me) in addition to/instead of just increasing forward leverage?

Yes, they make the traditionally low evolution (or any) tongue / cuff taller and allow more area for the force to be distributed. You can easily use other plastics, but the divers are perfect in terms of stiffness.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks. That was what I figured, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Have about 6 days in em, yet today skied my AT boots. WOW- the FT for me is far better!

Sponsor