• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

If the boot fits...... 2019 set up

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
000EBCF3-F0F8-4B9E-ADBB-A155DC32DC3F.jpeg

102 last & the cabrio on my instep in the FT fits GREAT!! & allows me to go down a full shell!!!!

Combine this with the option for a new 12 tongue & GripWalk.

Designed around a legit Intuition liner.

Was able to ‘score’ these.

:drool:

I’m aware there is not much FullTilt love around here, but I’m bringing Flexon back!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 47348

102 last & the cabrio on my instep in the FT fits GREAT!! & allows me to go down a full shell!!!!

I’m aware there is not much FullTilt love around here, but I’m bringing Flexon back!
That is a good looking boot, I did not know that they made a 102 last. You said you down sized so what BSL did you get?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
That is a good looking boot, I did not know that they made a 102 last. You said you down sized so what BSL did you get?

Typically I have a lot of work to do to a 295 mm shell, this one is wide enough that I was able to get into a 282 mm shell and dont anticipate much/any work.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
View attachment 47348

For me, it never left. :thumb: Almost forgot to ask, was it delivery?

Uncle-A

Skier
Do they rate the FT the same way they do overlap shell like a 120 or 130 stiffness. If so is it a 130? I may have to find a dealer and try a pair on.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
4/6/8/10 flex tongues & new this year a 12! I think they ski different than an overlap. I was using a 6 in the original model in 2012. The 8 didn’t feel right..... these have a 8 flex.....

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Wow 282mm is a really short 24.5

Which makes the width & instep dimensions appear all the more critical as there are boots 13 mm longer that I can’t fit or close with the overlap.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
4/6/8/10 flex tongues & new this year a 12! I think they ski different than an overlap. I was using a 6 in the original model in 2012. The 8 didn’t feel right..... these have a 8 flex.....

Do they rate the FT the same way they do overlap shell like a 120 or 130 stiffness. If so is it a 130? I may have to find a dealer and try a pair on.

@Philpug can comment more on the the flexes. I didn’t feel that higher flex helped as much as it does in an overlap.

This boot has the middle buckle mounted on the cuff & not the clog, as the Original & Soul 99 mm models do, so I anticipate the tongues not relating to a similar feel from 99 to 102 shell.

Thoughts Phil?

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
@Philpug can comment more on the the flexes. I didn’t feel that higher flex helped as much as it does in an overlap.

This boot has the middle buckle mounted on the cuff & not the clog, as the Original & Soul 99 mm models do, so I anticipate the tongues not relating to a similar feel from 99 to 102 shell.

Thoughts Phil?

Paging @Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There is no real standardization in flexes across the board let alone trying to bring the external tongue into the comparison. The higher the Full Tilt number is, the stiffer it is, but there is no correlation with a traditional overlap shell. Sorry.

Uncle-A

Skier
Typically I have a lot of work to do to a 295 mm shell, this one is wide enough that I was able to get into a 282 mm shell and dont anticipate much/any work.
Did you try on any other manufacture's 102's? My Technica 10.2 AKA 102 is the widest boot I have found, some say and I have read it is a 106. It allowed me to down sized from a 27.5 to a 26.5 although the big toe on my left foot still touches just a bit, just not enough to be an issue.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Did you try on any other manufacture's 102's? My Technica 10.2 AKA 102 is the widest boot I have found, some say and I have read it is a 106. It allowed me to down sized from a 27.5 to a 26.5 although the big toe on my left foot still touches just a bit, just not enough to be an issue.

I tried a few but wanted a 3 piece boot. I had a set of Seth’s from FT in 2012 & they skied well with a Booster, but didn’t fit.

This past year, I was on the Dalbello’s & It really is true that fit rules all.

The Dalbello failed to fit or flex..... for me.

I’m pumped as the 102 shell gets me great fit in terms of width & length + closure.

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Industry Insider
Updates- awaiting FT to have retail storefront up on web to obtain GripWalk soles & new tongues.