• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Thanks everyone for the responses.

So I am at very early stages of brainstorming the idea and agree that 3-4 days is too short for people traveling great distances. The thought was that we would go to a ski resort for 3-4 days and then spend a couple of 2-3 days before and or after visiting in the area. That is why I was thinking Squaw Valley and San Francisco or similar.

Parts of the discussion is premature at the moment as the idea needs to be socialized and see who is in. Getting people to commit is often a challenge. It may turn out that the people in Ireland and England don't come. Getting buy in and consensus is going to be a challenge. Perhaps myself and my cousin who is really interested decide on the location and dates and send the notice out.

Thank you for all the replies your input is invaluable.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
OTOh - float the idea of a place that isn't a complete ballache to get too and the Euros might decide to extend their trip to a week or more to check out a few places. Tahoe and I70 corridor both fit that brief.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I skied Snowmass on MLK SM is SO Huge there wasn't a problem with lines away from the base lift.
Fly in to Aspen Avoid the Denver 1-70 Crush, stay slopeside at Snowmass, Can take the bus to Aspen, Buttermilk, Highlands. They'll even deliver your skis to what ever Mt you are skiing! Several Cool towns Near by. Lots of great Restaurants. You Can go snowshoeing or take horse drawn sleigh rides or snowmobile back to the Maroon Bells..