AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Well, my 2 yr old Swix T72 just crapped out the last day of our trip in Val D’Isere. In fact it died in the middle of waxing my last ski of the tuning session. It plugs in and the digital display works, but I can’t get it to heat up at all.
It any case, I need a new iron that will last longer. I’m in the ”buy once, cry once” budget and attitude this time since I don’t want a repeat of this most recent situation if possible.
I tune the kids race skis the most often, but also tune mine and my wife’s quivers when needed. The iron sees regular use.
so Pugski tuners.... what say you?

James

So much better than a pro
Instructor
We just had a thread on this.
Star iron. Made in Italy.
Also branded Hohlmenkohl and now Toko
You don’t need the digital imo but the non may not be available. Non is still microprocessor controlled.

TS
AlpsSkidad

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Thanks @James
I didn’t do a search , so my bad. We are on the TGV train leaving from our Val d’Isere trip, and was feeling lazy sitting on the iPad, so I started a new post. Thanks for the quick reply and info.

James

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Thanks @James
I didn’t do a search , so my bad. We are on the TGV train leaving from our Val d’Isere trip, and was feeling lazy sitting on the iPad, so I started a new post. Thanks for the quick reply and info.
This one, though it might not cone up in France.
Star used to make it in solid blue. I thonk. That’s what I have, branded Hohlmenkohl. They since we t to clear.

TS
AlpsSkidad

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
@James - Perfect! I will give it a shot and see what happens. I can see a few vendors (including the one you referenced) now that I see the model. I‘ll order it tomorrow. The kids have more races in a couple weeks, so I have to get something in my shop soon. Time to order more wax too...