• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I need a new pair of short turn carving skis 61 yo 5'8 145 lbs

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Advanced to expert male 61 yo skier. Looking for a short turn carver without all the effort of a SL race ski. I had a pair of Fischer Race SC I believe a few years back which were fun but eventially ended up with patellar tendinitis, and went to easier skiing Rossi E88 which i still ski but miss cranking smaller turns. Is there a good short carver that's still nimble and not as demanding as a race ski I should go to? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Something in the low to mid 70 cm width?

@Paulie , I'm your size, five years younger. Where do you ski? How many days?

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Consider Head iRallys or V8s. Rallys are a bit more demanding, V8s turn very well but are more forgiving.

I agree completely with Andy. Both are great carvers with more versatility than a race ski. Since you are on the lighter side, the V8 might be a better choice. I've demoed both and just bought the V8s.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I also ski the Head Rally it is such a fun ski. Anyone looking for a easy SL type ski that will not beat you up need not look any further.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the OP may have left the building.

Sponsor