• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I know, I know. . .the usual question

Paperboy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Short question: enforcer 177 or 185 or?????

Long question:
Hi, I've been lurking for awhile and this is my first post, so please be gentle. I love this site. I'm 50, 5' 10", 175lbs. I'm a solid upper intermedite on piste and an intermediate to lower intermediate off piste/moguls. I am looking to improve in those areas. I ski at Sierra at Tahoe. I am looking for advice on my next ski purchase. I started skiing in my 20's and regrettably took time off. I picked it up again 3 years ago. My old skis were 205s and knowing skis were shorter, I blindly bought 172s, shaped, but zero rocker. I hate them-longer story.. Demos are tough in the south shore. I've tried pinnacle 95s (185) and Kendos 180?). I liked, but did not truly love either. I'm thinking of taking the plunge on enforcers based solely on reviews here and elsewhere. So, 177? 185 or???? I'm thinking 100snot the 93s, but I'm open to thoughts.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you hang out in the trees, the 177. If you like wide open charging, the 185...Sierra Tahoe and what you say your abilities are and that you have limitations in the bumps...the 177.

James

Out There
Instructor
You should buy some cheap used skis and play around with different types. You're just coming from straight skis. Why get hitched to one pair? It took most of us a while to get a sense of length and shape.
Or just demo. Even if it involves driving. Play the field!
Otherwise I'd say Enforcer 93 if your making me choose between that and the 100.

Last edited:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
As long as you're asking a question which has no definitive answer, mine is 87 X 177.