• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I Just Wish ... (the denial thread)

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just wish that...
-The HOF in Sun Valley hadn't been postponed. I'd like to check that area off my "to do" list.
-We didn't miss out on the Mammoth spring mini-gathering. That was really fun last year.
-Our little gathering/demo day at Rose didn't get quashed this year.
-I was skiing somewhere instead of fixing/painting/building/cleaning around the house.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That we had our family trip to Steamboat in March and that I was spring POW chasing this week.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That my youngest daughter gets to finish out her senior year back at school and have a graduation ceremony this June.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just wish that...
-The HOF in Sun Valley hadn't been postponed. I'd like to check that area off my "to do" list.
-We didn't miss out on the Mammoth spring mini-gathering. That was really fun last year.
-Our little gathering/demo day at Rose didn't get quashed this year.
-I was skiing somewhere instead of fixing/painting/building/cleaning around the house.
Pretty much all of this, plus
I wish...
I were making a final payment for the May at A-Basin ski house and lining up the grocery/booze list.
IMG_9275.jpeg

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
... that I was just rolling into my driveway after having added a week onto the back end of the NE Gathering.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
... that I was just rolling into my driveway after having added a week onto the back end of the NE Gathering.
There was quite a roll call for that gathering. :(

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That I could hug my mom.
That I was planning my annual Portland/Sisters Oregon camping and mountain biking trip.
That I was planning the graduation party for my unofficial peer mentor and dear friend.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
...I had the motivation to buy those new skis I've been eye-balling. My daily drivers probably have one season left in them and I'm not feeling too positive about the next one. My old skis would have been for thin cover days.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...I had the motivation to buy those new skis I've been eye-balling. My daily drivers probably have one season left in them and I'm not feeling too positive about the next one. My old skis would have been for thin cover days.

giphy.webp

Does that help?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry, no...:huh:
Ah... I was thinking you were just undecided on the skis and looking for a friendly little push to spend the money. If it was a larger concern than that, I didn't mean to trivialize it with a meme.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought my new skis. I will feel totally foolish if next season doesn't happen.

Of course next season not happening would lead to a whole other set of really bad feelings, so I'm trying hard not to worry about that possibility and the state of the world that it implies.

Sponsor

Staff online