• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I feel bad...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
for those who have a Costco with no liquor section. 20211104_144625.jpg 20211104_144606.jpg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Ah Nevada with your liquor laws like the rest of the world!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I enjoy the pricing at Costco and Sams Club but still don't mind shopping at the more independent shops particularly for wine. There's not a lot of margin in some states for the small shop if pricing similar, so I'd rather toss my money their way.

Not to derail the discussion into a political one ... more meaning to say: don't forget local .. Covid was pretty brutal to the small shops.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Do they stock Lagavulin 16 or Couvoisier XO?
Sometimes. I have seen Lagavulin that I believe was 16. I haven't paid much attention to brandy and cognac but I think I've seen the Courvoisier label. Stock seems to ebb and flow but there is always something good. They had Ardbeg 10, which is one of my favorites, for quite a while but it hasn't been there recently.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I enjoy the pricing at Costco and Sams Club but still don't mind shopping at the more independent shops particularly for wine. There's not a lot of margin in some states for the small shop if pricing similar, so I'd rather toss my money their way.

Not to derail the discussion into a political one ... more meaning to say: don't forget local .. Covid was pretty brutal to the small shops.
We do go to some of the more local places for special items. Costco may have good prices but the reality is they have a relatively limited selection.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
We can't even get wine at Costco in NY except at one location in NYC because you're not allowed to own more than one liquor store in the state. :rolleyes: There is a group of stores, with similar names(Bottlebuys, Bottle Bargains, Bottles and cases, etc.) on LI that all have the same stock, prices, decor, and labels on the shelves but require a separate discount card for each one. They are all owned by different members of the same family...at least on paper.

Sponsor

Staff online