• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I can't wait to get back to having FUN!

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
Hi fellow Pugsters! My old name on another forum was Snowmiser! I'm changing it because everybody assumed that I was a Dude. Snowmistress didn't sound quite right to me so I changed it completely. I have been too busy to ski for the last few years and finally decided it was time to go back to what makes me happy! Skiing, and teaching skiing. I created and directed a terrain based children's ski and ride school for the past 5 years and took over as Ski School Director at our local hill 2 years ago along with the kids program. I went from skiing 100 days a year to 6. Needless to say, but I can't wait for the snow to finally get here! Thanks for creating this great forum! Can't wait to meet some new fr

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome, we were wondering when you would make it over. What is your local hill?

TS
AlpineAnnie

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
I'm at Alpine Valley in Michigan. I will be doing instructor clinics and free skiing there, but will be doing most of my teaching and leading clinics over at Mt. Brighton. Getting out from behind the Ski School desk will be a nice change for me!!! :D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You passed your L3 while pregnant! Amazing the things a person can remember. Lets make sure to meet up!!

I took up teaching one year when I moved to Tahoe but found out it wasn't what I was cut out to do, but it helped me in my own skill building and also helps me while talking to customers about skis.
I'm never quite sure how someone, who teaches full time, finds the patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron
TS
AlpineAnnie

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
That's funny that you remember that Tricia! I was 5 months pregnant with Carly when I took my Level 3. She totally helped me get my weight forward! LOL :D. Can you believe that she just started 3rd grade. Time Flies!!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's funny that you remember that Tricia! I was 5 months pregnant with Carly when I took my Level 3. She totally helped me get my weight forward! LOL :D. Can you believe that she just started 3rd grade. Time Flies!!!

Would love to meet up to go skiing with you Tricia! :D
Not sure how or when, but lets make it happen!!

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Does Carly use the chairlift swing? Are you still on the Central ed staff?

TS
AlpineAnnie

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
Hi Kneale! Great to hear from you! Yes Carly uses the chairlift swing quite often! She's already 8 years old! Still has her blanket from you! :D.
Not on Ed. Staff at the moment. I asked for a year off when I took over as Director at Alpine. Then at the end of the season I suffered a really bad concussion when I slipped on black ice on the deck taking a lesson out. Thank God I had a helmet on. I hit so hard that the next day I was leaking spinal fluid out of one of my nostrils. I Still wasn't feeling quite right at the beginning of the season, so I asked for another year off. Now they want me to re-try-out up North all at my own expense. I'm probably going to pass on that. Maybe I'll try again when I eventually get out West :D

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Sorry to hear about the head trauma, Annie. I fractured my skull at Boyne and never lost any spinal fluid. Are you still running Alpine's ski school?

TS
AlpineAnnie

AlpineAnnie

Putting on skis
Instructor
No Kneale. I resigned as Director at the end of last season. It was a hard decision to leave, especially the kids program that I created, but life's too short to be stressed out all of the time. Plus, I never got to ski! :(.

How did you crack your skull at Boyne?

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
How did you crack your skull at Boyne?

There used to be a crossover trail under the bottom of the Victor chair so you could get to the other side if the line was shorter there. I was watching for the skis of the folks on the chair and not paying attention to the down-bound chairs. I ran into a corner of that big hunk of cast iron. They keep that area fenced off now

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What Monique said!!
I hope its not a Michigander thing. My head and spinal fluid is in tact and I plan to keep it that way.

Annie, I sincerely hope we get to spend some time together.
If you need some good words at ski school, there are plenty of us here who can do that for you.