• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

I bought new skis... did I choose wisely?

Cany0n

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all. I'm 22, 6'1"/186cm and 175 pounds/80kg, currently advanced ability. I'm hoping to spend a season in the mountains next year - so I really want a ski that I can progress with.

I recently demo'd the Enforcers 88 180cm on an indoor ski slope. Not a great test environment, but enough to give me a taste and I'm confident that I'm going to love them.

I bought a 186cm pair on the basis that I love going fast and ski quite aggressively. I enjoy trees occasionally l but it's not my focus - I spend most of my time ripping groomers or heading to open off piste. Do you think I went with the right size or should I have gone for 180cm since I'm fairly light for my height?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
The 180 will be better for making short turns, but based on what you posted that's not your focus. 186 isn't long per se, just on the longer side. But with the rocker you'll probably love them. Get a pair of 165 World Cup Slalom skis for the hardpack, icy days and you'll have a great quiver. They can make fast long radius turns on groomers too.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thats good. I am the same exact height and weight and two decades your elder and my current skis at 183 are the shortest i have owned. For groomers and open piste i would go up one size as you have done. Happy trails.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hi all. I'm 22, 6'1"/186cm and 175 pounds/80kg, currently advanced ability. I'm hoping to spend a season in the mountains next year - so I really want a ski that I can progress with.

I recently demo'd the Enforcers 88 180cm on an indoor ski slope. Not a great test environment, but enough to give me a taste and I'm confident that I'm going to love them.

I bought a 186cm pair on the basis that I love going fast and ski quite aggressively. I enjoy trees occasionally l but it's not my focus - I spend most of my time ripping groomers or heading to open off piste. Do you think I went with the right size or should I have gone for 180cm since I'm fairly light for my height?

Definitely Yes, you did awesome, carry on. :ogbiggrin:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like you will be happy with your decision.

Besides, even if you somehow didn't choose wisely, it's an excellent experience in refining your preferences in a ski.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid