• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Howdy

Will Hansen

Cants Я Me
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Lots of time on my hands as our business fell off a cliff! Been meaning to get involved, but apparently it took a global train wreck. Anyway, glad to be here and I'll try to give you the best info I can on all topics related to canting and contribute elsewhere if I can.

I'm a life-long skier. Once upon a time I was a level 3 instructor, was a decent old-school bump skier, ran freestyle contests and a freestyle ski school when we were all called 'hot dogs'. I worked as a ski mechanic and boot fitter long before DIN and ISO standards; back when we had to actually engineer stuff to work. Now, I'm a grandpa to 7 and determined to teach them all to ski. I'm a retired software developer who happened to luck into co-founding Cantology LLC in 2010. So now I make cants and have a job in the ski industry that I would have killed for when I was in my 20's. Life is good. But somewhere along the way I lost my brakes so I'm hoping I don't take the Sonny Bono exit! Gotta slow down!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome!With your background you are going fit right in. Lots of moss backs around here. I lived in Stanwood for a couple of years, like your town though. Right now some kik of morbid threads on here but time will fix that.. Will happily pick your brain on some stuff when it is boot time again.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome. Now is as good a time to join as any. We are all trying to find something to do with our time besides skiing and most of us have been skiing awhile.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Welcome. I have some modified parts of yours in my boots that Nick Blaylock installed.

TS
Will Hansen

Will Hansen

Cants Я Me
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Thanks guys. Yes, I ski at Baker now. Was at Stevens for 20 years but moved to Mt Vernon last summer so am learning new mtn. Got a week at the boat, then some Sierras, then the virus crushed my spring plans, as I’m sure it has for everyone. Stay safe!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Cantalogy is in Mt Vernon? I’m near Smokey Pt. Who knew? That‘s why Jim Mates got them in for me so quickly.....

I’ve been skiing and teaching for Clancy’s at Stevens, though have done clinics with Snow Performance at Alpental, and make the occasional trip to Crystal. It’s almost the same travel time for me to go to Baker as it is to Stevens, so maybe when the Corona dust settles, I’ll head up to Baker more next year.

Thanks BTW, and welcome to Pugski.