• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How will Skiing be Different in the '20-'21 Season?

James

Out There
Instructor
And you can still commonly find many Swedish and Norwegian "delicacies" up there you won't see almost anywhere else in the US.
Like Brown cheese and salted licorice?
Calling those delicacies is pushing it though...

James

Out There
Instructor
I had a roll of hard candy salted black licorice flavor from Sweden that I was going to give away. The problem was the salt absorbs moisture and you end up with this gooey outer layer that moves it into the gross category.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
MN = minnesota/minneapolis? I've actually lived the for 5 weeks a summer.... middle of a cornfield. I remember the lack of hot girls, and beeing arrested for driving a stolen golf cart on 4th of july...... ( we rented it, but guy was so drunk he forgot we did)

If you want scandinavian delies, checkout our girls. We have friends stateside that usually join us for vacation for this reason alone, also for 17th of may :D

Brunost aka brown cheese, dont mess with it, I love it! on waffels, bread, lompe, lefse etc. Also salted black licorice. mmmmmm

Also, nobody eats lutefisk without serious ammounts of alcohol, HORRIBLE, you need akkevitt. With that kinda of alcohol you could probably eat shark meat.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
MN = minnesota/minneapolis? I've actually lived the for 5 weeks a summer.... middle of a cornfield. I remember the lack of hot girls, and beeing arrested for driving a stolen golf cart on 4th of july...... ( we rented it, but guy was so drunk he forgot we did)

If you want scandinavian delies, checkout our girls. We have friends stateside that usually join us for vacation for this reason alone, also for 17th of may :D

Sounds like you were in the wrong bits of Minnesota -- in the Twin cities there is no lack of beautiful women.

Also, nobody eats lutefisk without serious ammounts of alcohol, HORRIBLE, you need akkevitt. With that kinda of alcohol you could probably eat shark meat.

I got served akkevitt many times when I lived in Minneapolis. Never before many beers.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Dere's a few of dose Roundheads and Squareheads in dese here parts too, ya sure you betcha.

Seattle, particularly the Ballard neighborhood, and Edmonds. Still quite a few duffers around.

But I digress.....good for Loveland!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier

Brunost aka brown cheese, dont mess with it, I love it! on waffels, bread, lompe, lefse etc. Also salted black licorice. mmmmmm

My wife’s family lives in Norway. Litefisk is something they try to convince other people to eat but they won’t touch it, even with copious amounts of Akkevit.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My buddy worked at a detailing shop, they got in a car that had to emergency brake, with BUCKETS of "rakfisk" in the back, basicly fermented fish. Long story short, car got totaled out, even bare metal had smell after tons of attempts.

James

Out There
Instructor
What’s a little fermented fish when this is the pathway to heaven?
A15A0BA6-057A-4D55-B896-56B32F88CEAD.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a preview of the lift operations and line/maze management that will be used this season at Mt Hood Meadows. It appears they have a reasonable plan, including "ghost lanes" in the maze that will force lateral separation between groups waiting for the lift.

https://www.skihood.com/en/about-us...phJ1z29sODu_nPDLGmXO7s79hgD-_l-PNodkf_1dmHJJE
Looks good... so they'll have someone managing the line and who's next, at the point where all 6 lines come together? Is that normal or new for MHM?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Looks good... so they'll have someone managing the line and who's next, at the point where all 6 lines come together? Is that normal or new for MHM?

At the merge point on busy days they have a person managing the merge. On most weekdays, no. (From prior seasons)