• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to tell if a thread has been deleted?

TonyPlush

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just spent about 15 minutes looking for the Overrated/Underrated Ski Resorts thread, but can't find it anywhere. When I looked through my posting history there was no record of my posts in there.

Which leads me to believe the thread was deleted? Disappointing since I found that to be one of the more interesting discussions on the forum in a while.

To my question... is there any way to tell when a thread has been deleted?

Rather than vanishing without a trace or explanation, it would be nice to get some sort of note when you've participated in a thread that's been deleted, and/or why the deletion occurred.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I noticed that one disappearing as well. Seemed a bit odd since there didn't seem to be anything terrible in there. Yes there were some negative posts, but also lots of good common sense stuff too. I imagine it's a tricky balance managing this sort of thing, so no big deal either way to me but this one surprised me for sure.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I think it was my fault. I said old school resorts are best and the entire Vail empire collapsed.

Sorry, my bad.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Was there a fight? or are we not allowed to bad mouth resorts? And why?

It was deleted. There was not a fight. It was not a matter of bad mouthing resorts. There should have been a noification to all who posted in the thread, since it was done from the road, it might have been missed, Sorry. The thread just deteriorated to just slamming of resorts and just with the way the thead started in a negative manner with a flawed poll, it just went downhill from there.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It was deleted. There was not a fight. It was not a matter of bad mouthing resorts. There should have been a noification to all who posted in the thread, since it was done from the road, it might have been missed, Sorry. The thread just deteriorated to just slamming of resorts and just with the way the thead started in a negative manner with a flawed poll, it just went downhill from there.
A flawed poll, Vail/Epic bashing, man I missed out....Surely, my own opinion, completely unfounded and without merit would've been invaluable to just such a discussion. I feel robbed....:duck:

Sponsor

Staff online