• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to become more flexible?

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This video series is what I send to a lot of students. Note that it may or may not help - it is not a diagnosis since I have never seen you ski or examined range of motion. Enjoy! https://medium.com/@supremeski/the-...ke-your-skiing-to-the-next-level-280e3c9a86e0
Thanks for that fantastic skiing specific stretching video!

I'll add I leave a yoga mat in front of the TV. Rather than sitting on the couch, I try to stretch. As much as I should start yoga, it seems unlikely for the time being, but I've been stretching in front of the TV for years, and it makes a difference. If I don't stretch for a day or two, I get a good idea what it might feel like to be much older.

A couple of recent posts in a boot thread gave me additional motivation to stay flexible. Some folks mentioned that as they or their parents got older getting their boots on and off became increasingly so difficult because of lack of flexibility that it was their biggest challenge to skiing.

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh and when I lived out west the other thing that all the guys and I had for powder simulation, in-home training....... and I still use.......... is a mini trampoline in front of TV, rec room.... It's an incredible device for mimicking ski movements. Just remember...push down rather than popping up. After living out west, I'll never be w/o one! :beercheer:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Try joint mobility drills. You do them before you ski right on the snow. I find that it really helps and it is simple, more so than flexibility drills. You can do mobility as a warm up while doing stretching at home or at the gym.