• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How to attach headlamp to helmet?

SpokaneSteve

Booting up
Skier
Hello all:

I am wondering about headlamp need and how to possibly attach it to a helmet?

What have people been doing?

I like the BD Spot headlamp which I have been using for years - maybe velcro?

Thanks much, Steve.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hello all:

I am wondering about headlamp need and how to possibly attach it to a helmet?

What have people been doing?

I like the BD Spot headlamp which I have been using for years - maybe velcro?

Thanks much, Steve.
Depending on the light, GoPro makes a bunch of stick on attachments. Maybe one of their will work.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
google helmet headlamp. the manf. has clips on the side that hold the strap; or a stick-on mount like gopro.

https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/SPECIALIZED-headlamps/KIT-ADAPT
068w0000001P3QqAAK

https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/SPECIALIZED-headlamps/CROCHLAMP-L

068w0000001Ooa8AAC

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
used to use office binder clips and snap them on the visor of the helmet and the light - just used cheap lights from home depot - did the job for night skiing in the trees when i was younger and more foolish

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
GoPro mounts. End of story.

I patrol in Fairbanks Alaska, todays sunset was at 2:58pm, last bus was 3:15, and sweep started at about 3:35 and went to 4pm.. I know darkness. I personally have a couple different lights that I can use on my helmet, all of which are much more powerful than a headlamp and all have a GoPro mounts on them simply because it's the easiest and least expensive way to mount stuff. Get a decent bike light or even a cheapo "dive" flood light from Amazon for $30 depending on what you want your beam pattern to be. Pretty much everyone makes a light with a gopro adapter available for it. I've personally found that the cheapo "dive" flood lights are perfect for working on stuff and skiing at moderate speeds, I got two of them infact, one for the wife and the other for me. I also have Light&motion Imjin 800 lumen spot that I use, wish it had a bit wider flood pattern, but the throw is pretty decent.
20181201_222312.jpg

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
GoPro mounts. End of story.

I patrol in Fairbanks Alaska, todays sunset was at 2:58pm, last bus was 3:15, and sweep started at about 3:35 and went to 4pm.. I know darkness. I personally have a couple different lights that I can use on my helmet, all of which are much more powerful than a headlamp and all have a GoPro mounts on them simply because it's the easiest and least expensive way to mount stuff. Get a decent bike light or even a cheapo "dive" flood light from Amazon for $30 depending on what you want your beam pattern to be. Pretty much everyone makes a light with a gopro adapter available for it. I've personally found that the cheapo "dive" flood lights are perfect for working on stuff and skiing at moderate speeds, I got two of them infact, one for the wife and the other for me. I also have Light&motion Imjin 800 lumen spot that I use, wish it had a bit wider flood pattern, but the throw is pretty decent.
View attachment 59693
I really like the "lightbar" on the helmet. For the last three years I've been trying different lights trying to find the one I like best and while the one I have is OK it's still not quite right. I think I'm going to steal your idea.....
I'm old and the eyes are crappy at night so the brighter the better.

Sponsor