Featured How much skin or base layer shown in the lodge?

Discussion in 'General Skiing' started by jack97, Mar 30, 2018.

1. jack97

jack97 Getting off the lift Skier

Been making Wildcat my regular stomping ground, one thing it's not is a family resort area with all the typical amenities but it has a sense of family since most bring there kids and their's talk that one would hear from a neighborhood hangout. That said, the place has its share of hardcore skiers, during a typical morning I would see people change out their pants from jeans to skiing outer layer while showing the base layer. During spring, I typically see a change of clothing after a day of hard but fun work. Sometimes the tops comes off, men all the way, women just to the sport bra. Seems it was never like this 10 years ago, anyone offended by this? BTW, I'm not but just curious.

Mendieta and newboots like this.
  2. mdf

mdf back to being an ordinary Gatheree Skier

I made a conscious decision a long time ago that base layers are clothing, not underwear. It makes life a lot easier.

3. Talisman

Talisman Getting on the lift Skier

I grew up having to do quick changes of clothes at trail heads, ski lodges, dive sites and what not being reasonably discreet. It was good practice for being naked in front of strangers in the military. Have you been to a commercial gym lately? Not sure how much skin is too much, but I don't worry abut it.

Kiki, CrystalRose and SkiNurse like this.
  4. Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts Tree Psycho Skier

It has been OK to show the sports bra ever since Brandi Castain crossed that bridge back in 1999 on national TV. .

5. Ogg

Ogg Putting on skis Skier

I've pretty much always changed in the lodge, even at places where they technically don't allow it. I will be quick and discreet because I realize some people may be uncomfortable seeing my underwear. If you're not showing more than you would at the beach I don't see why it should be a problem.

DoryBreaux and SkiNurse like this.

6. Scruffy

Scruffy Getting off the lift Skier

Not enough :D

DoryBreaux likes this.
  7. Dakine

Dakine Getting off the lift Skier

Don't be silly...it depends on the Blood Alcohol Level.

Mendieta, trailtrimmer, jonc and 2 others like this.
  8. Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot Vintage Gear Curator Industry Insider

If someone finds it offensive they can always simply look away :doh:

Let's talk about Jones Beach on Long Island... they just change into their 'swimwear' on the beach, which can be good or bad, depending :rolleyes:

9. focker

focker Getting on the lift Skier

My sons ski team got yelled at this year as they change in their team area at the hill from school clothing into their base layers. Apparently having 20-30 co-eds changing in a room with the potential for non-team people to walk through freaked some people out. Now they have to change in the bathroom. My said said screw that and still just changed in the same area but did it quicker ha!

wallyk likes this.
  10. Ogg

:rolleyes: Some people are way too uptight. I, personally, think every mountain should have at least one "ski naked" day in the spring. ;)

11. Sibhusky

Sibhusky Out on the slopes Skier

There's a ton at the beach I'd rather not see.

Once or twice in our locker room, I've wondered where the heck they thought they were. It's coed, with little kids.

12. Ogg

^Whether or not you'd like to see it is irrelevant. If nothing that a bathing suit would cover is exposed it's really your problem if it bothers you, IMO. Americans, for the most part, have way bigger hangups about body exposure than most of the rest of the world, bordering on obsessive in many cases.

13. Josh Matta

Josh Matta Making fresh tracks Instructor

baselayers are clothes....

14. Wasatchman

Wasatchman over the hill Skier

With the whole athleisure fashion trend, aren't people already walking around town in the equivalent of base layers anyway? :huh:

15. Ogg

I build houses in affluent neighborhoods on LI. The herds of trophy wives that walk past our job site in yoga pants on a nice day are impressive(and a bit distracting, TBH :roflmao:).

Phelmut likes this.
  16. Wasatchman

Wasatchman over the hill Skier

Don't I know it! I used to live in New York. This fashion trend has been going on for how long, and I still can't help myself when a good looking woman sashays on by in a tight pair of yoga pants.

17. river-z

river-z searching for seasons Skier

Here in SoCal people do often change into snow pants in the parking lot. Some sport long underwear. Some guys are just in boxers. It's not very cold here. Pretty sure I've seen women not just changing from sports bras here but aslo skiing in sports bras, which I guess isn't any different from surfing in a bikini.

Personally, I don't care that much. I always change from jeans to snow pants while sitting on a seat in my van.

MountainMonster likes this.
  18. Dakine

Dakine Getting off the lift Skier

Watching a Maui surf girl change from street clothes into a bikini while wrapped in a small towel without doing anything X rated is pure art.
    My wife watching hot young Polynesian canoe paddlers put on traditional swim gear in Moorea was where she got her revenge.

Nobody, skibum4ever and surfsnowgirl like this.
  19. DanoT

DanoT RVer-Skier Skier

Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
    Women walk around all the time in skin tight yoga pants that are more revealing than mini skirts. I am not complaining, just enjoying.ogwink

SpikeDog and ScotsSkier like this.
  20. mdf

mdf back to being an ordinary Gatheree Skier

Just saying. ..

gski, newboots and DanoT like this.