• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's been pretty cold at night with some warm days here in Tahoe, which is promising some nice corn.
How is your corn harvest?

fullsizeoutput_4c.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Got a few laps on my Shiros down a race piste some Team Austria dev girls had been GS training. Nice n corny. My fall line aggression was not the same as the girls running earlier.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Corn grows from the sea.

At least the morning's coral reef did produce some fine afternoon corn at lower elevations today.
It does suck to pound 800 feet of vertical through ice and crust to hit five sweet turns in soft corn.

We do it though. It is our nature.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yes, corn has been good here but many of the lower sun facing slopes which usually provide some of the best, do not have enough snow on them to ski.
We have been bouncing back and forth between spring conditions and winter all season long it seems.
It had a difficult time thawing out today.
0B16C877-6EF1-45A0-A18E-53D37928804E.jpeg

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Spend so many hours hanging out slope side in the Spring waiting the harvest to ripen to perfection. Time to pig out once the corn starts popping.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
An interesting mix, some sweet corn with the right aspects and cooking time, and some lovely wind filled powdery topping up top.A breezy blessing.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We're headed out soon to check on the quality of the Keystone corn. Unfortunately my butter knife Renouns are not yet ready to play. Maybe tomorrow, definitely by Friday. But the next few days we may be checking out pow instead. What a shame!

:yahoo:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree @4ster I think I have been skiing corn since february this season. Your right, there doesnt seem to be much harvest left some places.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I harvested first corn of the season in January but I skied PA powder just last week then corn later in the week. Around here you got to get it while it's there, corn or pow or frozen granular, loose or hard pack. It will sure change or disappear fast.

Sponsor

Staff online