• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How did you find SkiTalk.com?

• EpicSki

Votes: 183 65.8%
  • TGR

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • The SkiDiva

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Other skiing based forum (AlpineZone, SeniorSkiing, ect)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Google Search

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • Other search engine (Bing, DuckDuckGo, ect)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Friend/Referral

Votes: 17 6.1%
  • Other, please add in a post.

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • Saw someone wearing Pugski swag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have had a lot of new faces here in the past year...So, if you haven't voted or commented, please do.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I was researching new skis just over a year ago and stumbled across the Cage Match comparisons as my entree to Pugski. What an entree that was. Suffice to say, work suffered.

Last edited:

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went somewhere playing golf and fly fishing and when I came back to Epic everyone was talking about people leaving and what was going on on Epic. I had no clue that anything was going on. Then I left the country and when I came back Epic was gone. Some one or something told me about Pugski and it may have been Tricia because we were in the same group at an Epic ESA at Big Sky and got along well. I liked Epic when I stayed off the political forum but Pugski is great and I enjoy being a small part.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was a member of EpicSki and saw pugski mentioned quite a bit towards the end of that forum.. Once epic went down it took a few months before I started surfing pugski and maybe a year later I actually registered and joined.

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
I was searching for information on some ski gear options for my daughter. Stumbled on a Pugski article and after lurking for a while, I joined up.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have had a ton of new people of late...We are still interested in how you found Pugski.com.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am seeing Pugski stuff come up more and more in Google searches. Random binding search I did and you guys came up in top results. Good to see the knowledge gap Epic left behind is being filled in.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
I can't remember if it was through Ski Diva, or actually re-meeting @Tricia at the shop at N*. I had met her once before in the Ski Diva days when she was working at Start Haus, but I think she gave me a Pugski card when I met her again at True North.

amlemus

Putting on skis
Skier
I think I found Pugski literally by googling "skiing forum" while I had some free time one weekend after my move to CO.

Of course, shortly thereafter on a drive back from, I think, Beaver Creek, I found myself behind someone's car decked out with Pugski Gear and a possibly (in)famous "PUGSKI2" license plate. Which one of you snagged that sweet plate?!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
The last couple seasons I've occasionally asked lift riders whether they are familiar with this skiing board and have been surprised how very few have even heard of this site. Like to point them towards maybe some posted ski pics. If they don't I usually follow up with if they've heard of epicski dot com and only minor numbers tend to. I guess this means a majority of skiers either are all facebook (dave no account) ski related oriented or don't use the Internet for anything ski related? Well of course fair numbers over at TGR too. Surprising as pugski certainly receives high priority gear search hits regarding gear.

So stuck on one of the small swag stickers near the top of my left pole and another on the rear left side of my helmet. When I ever hear a peep out of others in left lines or riding lifts, will mention it herein.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I get asked what skis I have, and how did I find out about them, and did I have a chance to demo them first. So I answer “Renoun Z90”, “Pugski” and “yes, at the Pugski Gathering.”

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I found Pugski though Epic........but paid little attention because I was under the impression that Pugski was more esoteric and technically nuanced that Epic. Boy was I wrong. Fantastic site with some fantastic people!!!!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think I found Pugski literally by googling "skiing forum" while I had some free time one weekend after my move to CO.

Of course, shortly thereafter on a drive back from, I think, Beaver Creek, I found myself behind someone's car decked out with Pugski Gear and a possibly (in)famous "PUGSKI2" license plate. Which one of you snagged that sweet plate?!
That is the S.S. Pugski, a GMC Yukon XL. Our VW Golf Alltrack has the regular PUGSKI plate.

Sponsor

Staff online