• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How can I sell my 1990's era Bad Bitch skis by Research Dynamics?

Betsyworld

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My grandson recently found these in his garage; I had stored them many years ago when I moved to southern California. They are beautiful and in great condition, I only skied one season on them. I think they may be a vintage/collector item and I want to get the best possible price to buy a car for the above mentioned grandson. I would so appreciate any suggestions as to price, specialty ski websites (like this one?) or shops, collectors, any place to start.
Thanks so much.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Betsyworld, I will havet to agree with @Bill Talbot here, there is not much value to these, I am not sure there is even enough to cover his first tank of gas. Last I recall seeing some Bad Bitches for sale, they were mated with a matching pair of Bad Dogs, both were brand new and the two pair went for less than $100.00. I am bit saying they are worth nothing but unless an exceptional binding were on them and they were in prestine condition (no rust on the edges and no topkin scars), they might be worth $50? Like Bill said, pictures will help you to detemining the value. I just think it is cool that you had them, they were one of the first women specific graphic skis. HE should keep them and when his buddies come over, show them off and say "Yeah, these were my grandmothers skis, she was a bad ass..and still is.."

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sentimental value is something. Perhaps make a ShotzSki out of them. :huh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They were really cool skis. You should look in to getting back out for a couple runs on something new. It's gotten easier and less physically demanding to cruise on more modern skis.. and gotten easier to really crank out high intensity carved turns too!

Bart Slaney

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
My grandson recently found these in his garage; I had stored them many years ago when I moved to southern California. They are beautiful and in great condition, I only skied one season on them. I think they may be a vintage/collector item and I want to get the best possible price to buy a car for the above mentioned grandson. I would so appreciate any suggestions as to price, specialty ski websites (like this one?) or shops, collectors, any place to start.
Thanks so much.

Betsy,

Do you still have the bad bitch skis for sale? I’m interested in them if you do. We have a retro day on our local mountain coming up and I have a female friend looking for a pair of these.

Thanks
Bart

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Betsy,

Do you still have the bad bitch skis for sale? I’m interested in them if you do. We have a retro day on our local mountain coming up and I have a female friend looking for a pair of these.

Thanks
Bart
Welcome to the site, Bart. I have reached out to Betsy, a couple of times with no reply. IMHO, these are the ultimate skis for a women's retro day. Did you catch our article on the Most Pioneering Women's Skis?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
HI Bart.
I hope you stick around.

Sponsor

Staff online