• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

How about scratches? Do you care?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I was on my road bike, a car was parked at the top of the intersection (at the very top) so as I came around the corner, I couldn't see the car coming up the street who was driving in the middle of the road and I had to take a hip. I landed on my forearm and hip, tore up my windbreaker which saved me from really destroying my forearm. slid probably 20 feet stopped about 2 feet from the front of the car.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Colnago - DON'T YOU DARE!!!

A day will come when I will buy a Master X frame in Saronni, build it with Super Record, wrap the handlebars in white and hang it on the wall so I can admire it's beauty. This bike will never leave my home. :ogbiggrin:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I landed on my forearm and hip, tore up my windbreaker which saved me from really destroying my forearm. slid probably 20 feet stopped about 2 feet from the front of the car.

I had a similar situation come up that resulted in rotator cuff tear #5, fortunately the clavicle was fine.

Reactions: Ron

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Does anyone have any experience with the KORE topsheet and reversing semi-deep surface scratches (I think from air transport and not from skiing)? I was advised by my local shop that since the HEAD letters are slightly raised above the topsheet that any sanding would just flatten the letters out of whack with the others.

DISCAIMER: I didn't realise this was in cycling forum

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Saddle to handle bar leaning of bikes... done it all my life with friends and training partners without a scratch. Colnago's, Tommasini's, you name it. Never knew this was an issue.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As long as the scratch on my bike was from riding/crashing, I don't mind. The ones from the pocket zippers on my shorts, rack or cable rub marks, or failing at leaning the bike, those ones really irk me as they are foreseeable and preventable.

I do have frame protection stickers on the high risk areas like the down tube, chainstay, and where cables rub. I am considering doing more for my next bike as it'll be my first carbon framed bike, but I have not decided yet.

Sponsor

Staff online