• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hotronics in cycling shoes

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Anybody run Hotronics in there mtb shoes? As I get older I'm willing to suffer less than I used to. Since I already have them for my ski boots the major expense has been made. Another pair of elements are cheap enough, Not too sure where to secure the batteries though,

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like asking for broken stuff in an mtb environment, but I don't see why they wouldn't work.

I've got a few friends that put the smallest "chemical" heater packs on top of their toes for winter mtb, and they swear by this.

I go with thick socks and some marginally effective half-covers on the shoes. I've got full covers that are really warm, but I always seem to avoid the hassle of stretching them on, and zipping them up, and instead go with some winter shoes by Diadora. Just warm enough, without seeming like a big, clunky boot.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Anybody run Hotronics in there mtb shoes? As I get older I'm willing to suffer less than I used to. Since I already have them for my ski boots the major expense has been made. Another pair of elements are cheap enough, Not too sure where to secure the batteries though,

Someone was talking about this the other day at a group ride and mentioned about some extension cords that would allow carrying the battery packs in the pockets or on the waistband. Take a look.
https://www.hotronic.com/products/fw/parts/part_xc.html

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't ride down to super cold but when I need something I have a pretty heavy duty pair of shoe covers and will add a chemical footwarmer and then sometimes a sandwich baggy over that which helps to hold the heat in.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I already use a pair of Winter shoes, but Fat Biking in snow can really push them to their limits. I know I can get a pair of 45Nrth boots that are warmer than what I have, but another pair heating elements is less than $40.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I already use a pair of Winter shoes, but Fat Biking in snow can really push them to their limits. I know I can get a pair of 45Nrth boots that are warmer than what I have, but another pair heating elements is less than $40.

A $40 experiment seems like a no-brainer, as long as the rest of the Hotronic system isn't at terrible risk in an mtb environment.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have used the chemical tow warmers for mtb and they work fine.

Sponsor