• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm researching DV hotels and would love to hear about experiences people have had there.

Last time we skied DV - which was a long time ago - we stayed in condos that were in Park City proper.

Ideally looking for something that is

* family friendly
* has a shuttle to DV or is close
* offers parking (doesn't have to be free)
* on site breakfast

We're not going to PCMR/Canyons this time.

Thanks for any ideas....

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm researching DV hotels and would love to hear about experiences people have had there.

Last time we skied DV - which was a long time ago - we stayed in condos that were in Park City proper.

Ideally looking for something that is

* family friendly
* has a shuttle to DV or is close
* offers parking (doesn't have to be free)
* on site breakfast

We're not going to PCMR/Canyons this time.

Thanks for any ideas....
Hmmm...a family friendly hotel at Deer Valley. If your family hangs at places like the Montage or St. Regis go with those. There's also the Chateau at Silver Lake. Otherwise more modest hoteling close to DV...slim pickings. The Lodges consists of condos that get rented, same with the places along Deer Valley Drive around the Lake. Can't think of any real family hotels right there. The Lodges has a restaurant and food service, you'd have to check into breakfast. Some of the condos in the DV Drive area are real close to the DV cafe and might be an option.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
To supplement @Lorenzzo 's info. We have stayed at the Stein Eriksen Lodge more than once, and we love the place, and the service. It can be a little uptight. And it ain't cheap. But the ski package includes two tickets, breakfast, and it may or may not include their phenomenal skier buffet. Food is exceptional. Your breakfast buffet includes all sorts of cheeses, fine cold meats, smoked salmon, hot breakfast options ... oh boy. I made myself hungry. The resorts is inside DV and they include a ski ballet, which is extremely convenient with young kids, especially with little ones. They'll help you boot them up and leave the skis out there for you to click in and slide to the lift. Lovely.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
To supplement @Lorenzzo 's info. We have stayed at the Stein Eriksen Lodge more than once, and we love the place, and the service. It can be a little uptight. And it ain't cheap. But the ski package includes two tickets, breakfast, and it may or may not include their phenomenal skier buffet. Food is exceptional. Your breakfast buffet includes all sorts of cheeses, fine cold meats, smoked salmon, hot breakfast options ... oh boy. I made myself hungry. The resorts is inside DV and they include a ski ballet, which is extremely convenient with young kids, especially with little ones. They'll help you boot them up and leave the skis out there for you to click in and slide to the lift. Lovely.
Yes...how could I leave out the Stein. If you're ok with paying the freight that would be a good place with kids.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Stay at @Started at 53 new house.....I’m sure he’d love the company.....tell him your a snow boarder and want to poach the groomers at DV.....lol

And don't forget to show him your official Deer Valley Snowboard Team bumper sticker. That will definitely impress the pants off him.

View attachment 55198

What makes you guys think I am family friendly :) :) :)

Kidding side, how old are the little ones? IF they are young/beginners, there is a lodge right next to Snow Park that is perfect for beginners. That is where I shold stay ;)

If there are no beginners, Silver Lake is the area you want to stay. We stayed at The Chateaux last December and it is a 100yard walk to the slope, great location and price. If money is not an object, in ascending costs.... Stein...St. Regis......... Montage

Have fun

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In all my years of chair lift chats at DV I do not remember any families complaining about lodging at DV. I have stayed at Silver Baron & Goldener Hirsch. Silver Baron is a bit of a walk to lifts or take the shuttle. Goldener Hirsch is a great location, but seemed less family friendly. Trails End and Lodges are popular and close to lifts. Many locations have breakfast & après ski. Stein's does have great food, I am told the rooms are top of the line and imo has the best location.

Received an email from Deer Valley Lodging last Friday, might be useful for you (or others), A Delta Airlines gift card with certain DV hotels. I do not see this offer listed on DV Lodging website:
http://www.deervalley.com/Lodging/P...pJobID=1380527832&spReportId=MTM4MDUyNzgzMgS2

As another option, have you considered staying in Heber Valley are and using the Deer Crest/Mayflower Entrance on the east side of DV Resort?

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Lot's of family friendly lodging in DV slopeside if you have $$$$. We stayed at the Chateaux this past Easter. It included 'free' parking. Much cheaper if you go off-peak times (like we did - Easter is off peak). Likewise for the Montage. Very $$nice$$ but again, cost approaches ludicrous/plaid if you stay close to a holiday. We stayed there in a low snow year early season, which reduced room cost substantially.

You can save a lot if you don't stay right at DV. The shuttle system in Park City is good. A few years ago, our ski club stayed at Park Station Condos, which are very close to Town Lift. The shuttle ride to DV was ~10 minutes. So I think anywhere in that area is reasonably convenient using the shuttles. Getting to Silver Lake or Empire area takes much longer by shuttle. That is the advantage to staying at DV - you are already a good distance into the resort and can get ahead of some lift lines in the morning.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think we all got that figured long ago. Not necessary a bad thing.

I love snowboarders.... at other resorts ;)

Kidding aside, I think there are only 3 skier only resorts in the US, so not a big deal, they have plenty of choices. Most of my skiing opinions are formed by my wife’s vast ski history, no she DOES not like snowboarders. I had one unpleasant encounter at Vail this year. I have ridden on many lifts in my short ski career with boarders, and they are all pleasant and friendly. Typically the millennials don’t say a word, but the non-millennials have been great. Yes, their desired plank of choice is more apt to scrape snow, but one of my favorite blue runs at DV was all scraped up by skiers on a busy day last spring, so there ya go. Skiers who are over terrained will scrape off a nice groomer quickly too.

Nothing against the people riding the boards, just the technique getting down the mountain, the fact that they are blind on one side DOES in fact bother me.

I don’t buy into the character generalizations of ‘boarders, it is about the sliding to me.

I hope that explains it better.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very impressed with the montage a couple of years ago. I’d do
The Montage and St. Regis are neck and neck for best hot tub crash. At the Montage pisten bulleys go back and forth on the adjacent slopes which during a storm has kind of a charm to it. If it isn't snowing it loses the charm so the privacy, dressing rooms and towels at the St. Regis give it the advantage.

TS
aubergine

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
I think we're going to look down into Park City proper again. The price differential between DV and PC seems more than I can bear. And the SO is usually willing to shuttle us up to the mountain entry points. So I guess the value of being really close isn't as much as I thought it would be, especially after weighing the costs at holiday times.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think we're going to look down into Park City proper again. The price differential between DV and PC seems more than I can bear. And the SO is usually willing to shuttle us up to the mountain entry points. So I guess the value of being really close isn't as much as I thought it would be, especially after weighing the costs at holiday times.

Thanks for all the feedback.

I have a very cool ski sleeve/bag (I’ll post a photo when I get a chance) and put them in my skimobile (see below :) ) and head to the gondola
4DB8E2EB-11CC-44CE-A6A6-367848053667.jpeg

TS
aubergine

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
We ended up booking the Silver King in PC, which we've stayed at before.

Not as nice as the suggested places in DV proper, but still glad to have something for Presidents Day week.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January