• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
Any comments on this Hampton Inn for visiting Brighton / Solitude?

https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/h...-salt-lake-city-cottonwood-SLCCWHX/index.html

Have some Hilton points that I want to burn up, and it seems like it is the 'closest' to those IKON areas.

We stayed at the Sandy Hampton Inn last year for Alta & Snowbird, and that was good since it was sort of on the bus route.

I guess there is a Hyatt Place and a Marriott right there too.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's fairly new; location is convenient; couple of eating places right there.
I usually stay further over in the Ft Union area, but that Hampton isn't a bad choice at all.

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
That's fairly new; location is convenient; couple of eating places right there.
I usually stay further over in the Ft Union area, but that Hampton isn't a bad choice at all.

So there are a few restaurant and bar options close by?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you have a car, tons of places within 10-15 minutes.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I stayed at the Hyatt Place several years ago. It's a good location and was a nice hotel. Overall, though, I'd rather stay at a Hampton Inn (more practical) than a Hyatt Place (more stylish and 'hipster'). So I think it is a good choice. With traffic, you might save around 15 minutes in the morning over being further out on Ft Union Blvd.

In the evening, when 15 minutes doesn't matter, there are tons of places at all price points within a short drive.

If you are planning to take the bus, especially on powder days, the standard wisdom is that you do NOT want to be right at the mouth of the canyons, because full buses will drive by you. You want to be closer to the start of the bus route. (I have never actually used the bus in SLC, so this is hearsay on my part.)

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
I did quite a bit of research and landed on the Crystal Inn Midvalley for my trip in Jan. UTA ski bus right outside the door. Complimentary light dinner and hot breakfast. Ski storage. Free shuttle from airport and around town. Only downside is no good eats within easy walking distance but I plan on doing après ski food/drinks at the hill most nights so not a big deal for me.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Actually, from Crystal Inn it's just about a mile to walk to Hoppers, Longhorn Steakhouse, Smiths supermarket and several other options, just FYI.

TS
aubergine

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
That's a good point about the bus, and crowds. I do remember taking the bus up to Alta (coming from Sandy) and by the time it got to entry of LCC it was crowded. My achey knees felt grateful to have a seat.

I'll call the hotel and ask how close they are to the bus stop, and what their observations are about full buses bypassing them.

Thanks for all the feedback

Sponsor

Staff online