• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Hotel choices near Utah Ski Bus stop for both LCC and BCC?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My son and I will be heading out to Utah in February and will be hitting Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. Right now I have reservations at Crystal Inn in Midvale, which has a ski bus stop for LCC but nothing for BCC. I have a car rental reserved but I'd like to skip that if I can find a hotel that has easy access to a bus top for both LCC and BCC as well as walking distance to restaurants for dinner. Any suggestions for cheap and clean in a good area?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually I think both LCC and BCC have ski buses that stop near the Crystal Inn. Check the UTA website for the ski service.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually I think both LCC and BCC have ski buses that stop near the Crystal Inn. Check the UTA website for the ski service.

I've been on the ski bus site. Bus 953 has multiple stops near the Crystal Inn on 6400 S but I don't see any for 972 to BCC.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Crystal Inn is a great choice but if it won't work out because of transportation issues try searching in Midvale Ut.

There are all sorts of major hotel / motels there. I can't imagine you not being able to find both needed buses from that area going up both canyons. There may even be shuttles from some of the hotels there. Good luck!

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't think UTA's published its ski bus schedule for this coming season yet. If you found it somewhere, post a link here as I'm sure others will want to see. If you're just looking at today's schedule, I don't think there's any BCC service at all in the summer. Crystal Inn is probably a safe bet; waiting another few months is probably safe, too.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think UTA's published its ski bus schedule for this coming season yet. If you found it somewhere, post a link here as I'm sure others will want to see. If you're just looking at today's schedule, I don't think there's any BCC service at all in the summer. Crystal Inn is probably a safe bet; waiting another few months is probably safe, too.

I found this map on their site. It doesn't give times but shows the routes. I assume the routes don't change much from year to year.
https://www.rideuta.com/-/media/Fil.../Ski/SaltLakeCounty_SkiMap_Dec2018.ashx?la=en

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, that’s the one. You’ll be fine, those ski bus routes don’t change much from year to year.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My son and I will be heading out to Utah in February and will be hitting Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. Right now I have reservations at Crystal Inn in Midvale, which has a ski bus stop for LCC but nothing for BCC. I have a car rental reserved but I'd like to skip that if I can find a hotel that has easy access to a bus top for both LCC and BCC as well as walking distance to restaurants for dinner. Any suggestions for cheap and clean in a good area?
I have stayed at the Crystal Inn many times. The LCC bus stop is the end of their parking lot. The BCC is across the street. They run a shuttle to local restaurants within a few miles. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is good and filling. Highly recommend based on your parameters.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have stayed at the Crystal Inn many times. The LCC bus stop is the end of their parking lot. The BCC is across the street. They run a shuttle to local restaurants within a few miles. Complimentary breakfast in the morning is good and filling. Highly recommend based on your parameters.

You. Are. My. Hero! ogwink

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yes I've stayed at crystal inn midvalley last season too.
They also have a complimentary "light dinner" but it is like a low cost youth camp snack/lunch. It will give you calories if you need to eat something and you are on a super tight budget. But it may not be the healthiest or to your liking. e.g. coldcut sandwiches, or chili or nacho bar or a casserole. Their chef does the best that they can, but I imagine their budget for this "dinner" is very low and feels very institutional grade to just feed kids with no money or who are not allowed to go out

There should also be a minifridge and microwave in your room so you get après provisions from a grocery store, for dinner you can also order delivery from local restaurants and eat in ( and use fridge/ microwave for leftovers).

There is also laundry room for like $2 a load so you can pack lighter if you are staying for awhile

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
yes I've stayed at crystal inn midvalley last season too.
They also have a complimentary "light dinner" but it is like a low cost youth camp snack/lunch. It will give you calories if you need to eat something and you are on a super tight budget. But it may not be the healthiest or to your liking. e.g. coldcut sandwiches, or chili or nacho bar or a casserole. Their chef does the best that they can, but I imagine their budget for this "dinner" is very low and feels very institutional grade to just feed kids with no money or who are not allowed to go out

There should also be a minifridge and microwave in your room so you get après provisions from a grocery store, for dinner you can also order delivery from local restaurants and eat in ( and use fridge/ microwave for leftovers).

There is also laundry room for like $2 a load so you can pack lighter if you are staying for awhile

Thanks, Ray. We'll either go out or order delivery. When I saw "light dinner" was included I wasn't holding out much hope for it being something we'd want to eat.

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier

Do they still run the local shuttle? They used to advertise this but they don't anymore. We used it and it was handy especially when having a few beverages before and during dinner.

One time, a couple members of our group tried to take it to the state liquor store, but the driver refused on religious grounds. He was a new employee. I don't know what the hotel policy on that was, but we respected that and stuck with the gas station light beer instead.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do they still run the local shuttle? They used to advertise this but they don't anymore. We used it and it was handy especially when having a few beverages before and during dinner.

One time, a couple members of our group tried to take it to the state liquor store, but the driver refused on religious grounds. He was a new employee. I don't know what the hotel policy on that was, but we respected that and stuck with the gas station light beer instead.
They did in January when I last stayed there.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I emailed the Inn. Here's what they had to say

"Hey Jim,

Happy to help you with this, skiing should be great this year we are looking forward to a great ski season.

Few things to cover first off we do have a shuttle at our hotel. This shuttle does go to and from the airport and is available 24 hours a day when you arrive at salt lake city airport and have all your party and luggage give the hotel a call at 801-685-9300. We will tell you where and when to meet us and send our shuttle to pick you up. As far as local shuttles we travel about a mile and a half from our property to local restaurants and businesses. There are a lot of good choices for food in our area. This shuttle is upon availability and should be scheduled in advance at the front desk during your stay. We also provide a Full Hot Breakfast every morning and a Light Dinner every evening both of which are complimentary. so if you didn’t want to go out you also have that option available.

Lastly Salt Lake City has great transportation to and from the ski resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon. Pick up for Little Cottonwood Canyon is right in front of our hotel and if you wanted to go to Big Cottonwood you would just make a quick one time transfer. More information can be found at rideuta.com. The Schedule for the ski season has not been updated yet but we expect it to be put online sometime late October.

We do have a lot of guest stay with us and not rent a car so if that is your concern I hope this email gives you some peace of mind. We are looking forward to your stay at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suite Midvalley and if you have any further questions we would be happy to help. Thank you again for staying with us."

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
That sounds like a good place. We've stayed at the Hampton Inn at foot of BCC and it seemed pretty good for going up to Brighton & Solitude. I think if one walks a little bit you can catch the bus for LCC too.

We also used the Hampton Inn in Sandy for going to LCC, but you have to a take a hotel shuttle to the bus stop, which adds a little fudge factor for everything.

There are lots of places to eat around all those, very fairly priced, but its a suburban feel, not a mountain getaway kind of ambience. As long as everyone expects/understands that.

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
We stayed at the Hyatt Cottonwood. Free shuttle to shops within a few miles of the hotel. Park and ride is 1/4 mile, 4 minute by shuttle. That park and ride services both BCC and LCC. Hotel is good. Comp breakfast and a few good eateries within walking distance(in very cold weather). Hot tub ok but usually crowded. Yes it is kind of a business park, but if your there just for the skiing it works.

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll take at look at those options. Thanks guys!

Sponsor

Staff online