• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Now that's core. He actually followed that post up with two more showing three more mounts, all performed in that parking garage stairwell.
[/thread drift]

Not only that but he's now loading up all those skis in a Subaru (something like a dozen pairs), skiing all winter out of the car, and is making the skis available to demo. Dude is hardcore.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Nothing wrong. Just more scraping and more brushing.

Thanks! My goal is no scraping and little brushing. I've been rubbing on, corking right away and brushing half hour later or so. All of this after touching the edges. I am getting an iron now. My goal is to get all of this to be fast and mess free (or close to that). A warm iron should spread the wax much easier than the cork, then I would let it sit for an hour or so and brush. My main question is why would I need the Fiberlene pass, but I guess a simpler question would be why not. It probably takes an extra 30 seconds and evens everything out better, removes any excess, etc.

I think I answered my own question with your help. Thanks again!

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
You dont *need* the fiberlene pass. But it will make your first run or two smoother than if you didn't do it.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My goal is to get all of this to be fast and mess free (or close to that).
Your corking, doesn't meet this goal. :)

Iron wax using crayon method
"Fiberlene" pass
Cool down time period
Fibertex pads to polish - https://goo.gl/dZLo6v

Really all you need to do. Less mess and fairly quick. We don't need to make it any more expensive and harder. 95% of us won't know the difference or care on the hill.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid