• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When we attended the US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame event at Aspen last year we met a humbling amount of skiers from the past who have paved the way, entertained us.

Mike Vowels is one of those rare Hot Doggers from days gone by that I have never heard of, yet I'm humbled and inspired by What he has accomplished, both in the world of skiing, and the comeback after a 28 year hiatus, stemming from a severe spinal chord injury in 1985, which he's currently
documenting.
One thing is for sure; he had a giant set of balls to do the stunts he did back then and he has a bigger set of balls to do what he's doing today.
I really like one of the snips from the movie teaser - The early 70's was the golden era of Freestyle Skiing. Free-skiing with other high performance skiers was a perk and a privilege.

A little teaser about his story.

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Thank you for sharing. I know 2 guys that sit ski due to accidents. We actually trained the liftees at WB how to load Johnny in 2 days back in 2001. If you see a sit ski at Sutton...that's probably Bob T.

All in all it's great to see them on the slopes again!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Last line says it all. .... I'm easy to see. I'm hard to catch. :thumb:

Sponsor