• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hoody for midlayer

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have both Atom AR and LT hoodies and use them regularly with hooded shells. I really like the feeling of soft insulation in the neck area which the combination provides and find they fit and work well together.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a few different hoodies that I wear under a shell.

The hoods on all of the Patagonia hoodies are kind of like balaclavas and can be worn under the helmet and cover a lot of the face. If it cold enough to wear the Atom LT, it’s probably over the R1, and i have the R1 hood on. None of these hoods feel bulky under a shell.

I have a Patagonia Thermal-weight Capilene hoody(bit thinner than R1) and I find the hood bothersome under other layers. same with my hooded merino baselayer(very thin): it’s fine for active use where you have a maybe one,low collared, jacket over it, but with heavier, taller collars or hoods and multiple layers on ski shells, I find it less pleasant.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Patagonia Thermal-weight Capilene hoody(bit thinner than R1) and I find the hood bothersome under other layers. same with my hooded merino baselayer(very thin): it’s fine for active use where you have a maybe one,low collared, jacket over it, but with heavier, taller collars or hoods and multiple layers on ski shells, I find it less pleasant.

Maybe the reason I don’t have any problems with it is that I never have the hood under another layer.

If I have another layer over the top of the hoody, it doesn’t go over the actual hood. I always keep the hood outside any additional layers (other than a shell) so that I can use it kind of like a balaclava under my helmet, or just to keep it from getting bunched up under other layers.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I wore lounge pants/pajama flannel pants under my ski pants yesterday... Worked out pretty well. Think I might do it more often going forward..