• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Holmenkol Wax

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:nono:

OK some of you got skeeved out ordering your Holmenkol from snowinn.com

Now imagine if you were ordering Holmenkol from these lot:

(and yes, there is fluoro on the subsequent pages :D )

Average Joe

Out on the slopes
Skier
Beaver Wax ? :roflmao: Only in Canada, Eh !?
There are more ski products on Page 2,3, etc. I can't stop laughing at the "product diversity" of this company !!

Imagine the warehouse organizational system:
BFB82217-9D28-4B05-9E3B-73EBB2B2FED1.jpeg

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Getting low on betamix. Probably time to order bulk bag form Utah Ski gear. Or purchase more green from Racewax. That has been pretty darn good too. Until he runs out of his inventory.

1637077825431.png

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Getting low on betamix. Probably time to order bulk bag form Utah Ski gear. Or purchase more green from Racewax. That has been pretty darn good too. Until he runs out of his inventory.

View attachment 148633
Racewax is pretty much out of their house wax for sale.

I still have a couple blocks of their FluoroMax all-temp left, and a small chunk of their warm wax. I'll have to buy some bulk warm wax for hot-scrape soon.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Racewax is pretty much out of their house wax for sale.

I still have a couple blocks of their FluoroMax all-temp left, and a small chunk of their warm wax. I'll have to buy some bulk warm wax for hot-scrape soon.
Racewax is officially out of their own wax.

Chenzo

Putting on skis
Skier
SO I was talking to someone yesterday who says that the Holmenkol engineer or whatever that was responsible for Beta Red left and went to Swix a while back. He says that Swix BP88 is exactly Beta Red. I've used a few bars of BP88, and I could see how that could be true. He claims that at Burke they use BP88 for everything except race day.
I’ve been using beta and bp88 for around 15 yrs in a shop environment, and I would say they are definitely not the same wax formula. It’s possible they share the same base ingredients, but Bp88 is softer, and penetrates very well. Beta is more durable and has better glide. I’m not trying to start an argument, just relating my experience. If you take a bar of both and drag a fingernail over them, you’ll easily notice a difference. At one time holmenkol had “silicone” on the packaging of beta, but I havnt noticed a change in their formula all these years.

Attachments

• F3441890-7E07-4C2F-9011-B5DCA6932A0A.jpeg
    F3441890-7E07-4C2F-9011-B5DCA6932A0A.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 17

Sponsor

Staff online