• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hippest Patrol Boss eva - Who is this guy?!

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
I was out skiing today & it was ok.

F6022CF6-A366-4CAB-97A3-DBB72B1FDAA8.jpeg

Was in/out of the trees & then popped onto a trail I’ve never skied (Stratton). It was good looking from a far, but far from good looking. Went hard right looking soft pow- but it was firm AF. Got bucked & recovered just in time to see a gaggle of patrollers waiting for me.

Hipster Beard Bro steps up & says “I’m conducting a poll- would ya ski it again?!”

I say no- it was sketchy & that could have been the end of the season. (I had wanted to skirt over to hit a lil rock outcropping- but it was rock solid hard underneath.)

EVERYONES’ FACES PLUMMET.

Snow Bro thanks me for my time & asks if I want to join patrol - I thank him for helping me do what I do & tell em appreciate them all.

Hit the lift & sensing that everyone was oddly crushed & decide to hit it again - there’s no rationale for this.

Came in hot & stayed in the center of the trail & lit it up. Forearm checked 4 solid turns on the final pitch with my skis level with my shoulders..... blocked a chunk of gnar with my outside hand & hit the run out.

Patrol is still there & I get a bunch of questions again- would I consider this a skiable expert trail?- “Yea”& for some reason everyone is happy / smiles. Hipster Beard Bro asks ‘where did that skiing come from...?!’

2 patrollers rode the lift back up & explained that it was the big boss’ way of looking for validation that the trail should be open.
Apparently he likes being able to have some ammo for all the whining that comes in about poor snow & coverage. Nice change of pace for the East.

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"....Forearm checked 4 solid turns on the final pitch with my skis level with my shoulders..... blocked a chunk of gnar with my outside hand & hit the run out."

I don't even understand this.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I think he means forearm hitting the snow, like a hip check, kinda.
P.S. If it were up to me, everything would be open, with the only proviso being that runs that patrol did not feel confident extricating patients from would be " Unpatolled. Ski at your own risk." Maybe it's a good thing it's not up to me.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Should have buzzed then and sprayed them 2nd run.. Worth getting kicked out LOL

Sponsor

Staff online