High Arch & Limited Doriflexion

MattP

At the base lodge
Skier
I was talking with the local shop owner About boots. He previously fit me and the service was pretty good. I have a really high arch and limited dorsiflexion in my ankle. He recommended a Full Tilt Pro Classic as a potential option. I didn’t have time to try one on but wanted to get the community’s thought on whether that’s a good option for my foot type?

thanks!!

ted

Putting on skis
Skier
Fit issues aside, if I remember correctly, th Classic has a high ramp angle(good for your limited dorsiflexion) but a steep forward lean angle(bad for your limited dorsiflexion.)

otto

Getting off the lift
Skier
Any bootboard can be adapted in ramp angle. However as the heel gets elevated to compensate for limited range of ankle dorsiflexion, it also raises the instep. A boot that has less forward lean and stiffer flex is usually a better choice for limited ROM.

The Full Tilt Classic with a stiffer tongue might work, but I do not believe there is much adaptability for your high arch/instep. You could pad up your instep bump to give a bit more room when you heat mold the liner.

In my professional opinion, that is not the boot I would select for the description of your foot and ankle.

Advertisement