• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hidy from the Republic of Texas

Bigskybear

Booting up
Skier
58 y/o lifelong skier now living in Frisco, Texas, and yes, we say Hidy in Texas, not Howdy. ENT surgeon by profession, 3 boys, one grandson, and the love of my life wife Jill. Blessed to ski Big Sky Montana a couple of times a year, and after skiing all over the western US, can't find any place better. If you have not been there, it is a monster mountain with something for everyone. High speed lifts everywhere, and deserted. Never longer than a 5 min wait, even at Xmas. One of those mountains where there are in bounds runs where you look at the pitch and say "Oh hell no. I'm not trying that." And in contrast to some ski areas in Cali or Colorado, the locals are actually happy to see you.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Several Big Sky locals around here. If you haven't found it yet, here's the 20/21 Big Sky weather, conditions, and stoke thread:

Not much content yet, but hopefully more coming this coming season. I love Big Sky - the 2019 PugSki Gathering was there, and is planned to return in 2023.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome, are you originally from Texas? Texans, myself included, take a lot of ribbing here because, well, you know, we're Texans. Our reputation proceeds us and perhaps deservedly! However, I left Texas after college for grad school, then work has kept me on the East Coast. My wife says I still use Texas words. She introduced me to skiing and I've only ever skied out here, which is unusual for most Texans. I don't get down there much anymore since my parents passed, but have some relatives in Houston.

Sponsor