• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi

20-100

Booting up
Skier
Hello to all of you,
Just introducing myself to the community: I’m a French happy father, fond of skiing, who contaminated his 3 kids (my wife was already contaminated...). We arrived in Montréal, Canada at the end of last year and happy to discover the skiing opportunities in Quebec, Vermont and hopefully British Columbia. After having skied all my life in the Alps, I will be more than happy to learn from you about the best American skiing opportunities and areas.
Thanks for accepting me in the community.

PS: sorry for my poor English...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Bienvenu @20-100 !! No need to apologize for your English. As the saying goes, your English is much better than my French!

Is there some meaning behind the "20-100" name you've chosen? Have you had a chance to ski around Montreal and Quebec? We have a few folks who love Mt Tremblant, Mt St. Anne, and Le Massif.

TS

20-100

Booting up
Skier
20-100 is « vingt » « cent » in French which is Vincent...;)

I did not have the chance yet to ski around Montréal. I need to bring back some of my gears from France and buy some here too (but skis and boots are really expensive in Canada if I compare to France or the US - especially for used gears).

I do love skiing off piste and ski touring so around Montréal does not seem to be the greatest place for those activities (more SL oriented). But it seems that around Sutton there are some great place for tree skiing... but any help and tips will be much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Welcome, we are a global community, no apology needed.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! I grew up in Montreal though I have been in California since 1978. There is plenty of great skiing where you are. We’re you able to buy the Ikon pass?

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Great username!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ikon Pass is a multi resort season pass that includes Mont Tremblant.

Plus it is the root of all evil in skiing ogwink

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@20-100 , see here:

It's a multi-resort pass that is unlimited at some resorts (including Mt. Tremblant) and limited to 5 or 7 days at others, all over the US and Canada. It's no longer on sale for this season, but can be a good option.

The other big competing multi-resort pass is the Epic pass : https://www.epicpass.com/

There is also the Mountain Collective pass, which is sort of a subset of Ikon, and the Indy pass, which focuses on smaller, independent resorts : https://www.indyskipass.com/

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome, Montreal might not have what you love, so just love what you have. Should be a great region to raise your family.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's too late for the Ikon pass this year, but definitely a viable option for your family for next season if you plan to travel. It would give you a season pass for Mt. Tremblant and skiing at Killington in Vermont which is within a reasonable distance for a ski day. It has skiing all over the US so lots of options for travel. It includes some great late season ski resorts in California - Squaw and Mammoth often stay open into June.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Bon Jour...you have 2 Pugsters that ski Tremblant regularly, @SkiBam and myself. It's too late to buy the Ikon pass this year. But Costco has some great deals on lift tickets.

Touring head east to the Chic-Chocs!!

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
Bienvenue au Québec. I live in Morin-Heights in the Laurentians and ski (downhill) mostly at Tremblant. If you get into cross-country, you can't do better than around here where I live. Loads of trackset skiing, but also excellent backcountry. If you're really into touring, I can put you in touch with a fellow here who probably can direct you to good local spots.

Ken in LA

Pulling down the safety bar
Skier
Salut Vincent,

Bienvenue ! Les forfaits de ski en Amérique du Nord sont souvent hors de prix. Pour ce raison on vous conseille l’Ikon Pass (voici le lien pour l’Ikon Pass en français). En achetant l’Ikon Pass pour quelques centaines de dollars vous auriez libre accès au Mont-Tremblant et en plus accès à plusieurs autres stations dans l’Amérique du Nord et ailleurs. Il y a aussi un compétiteur de Ikon Pass, l’Epic Pass, qui donne accès aux autres stations.

L’Ikon Pass pour la saison prochaine se mettra en vente au début du mois de mars. La passe sera donnée au meilleur prix pour quelques mois puis le prix monte jusqu'à fin décembre quand la passe ne sera plus en vente. Dans mon cas personnel, la passe est vraiment très intéressante. La station dont je fréquente le plus, Mammoth Mountain, fait partie de la passe. Je fais du ski plus ou moins 30 jours par saison et j’ai acheté mon passe pour $560 (tarif étudiant) donc pour moi la forfait de ski quotidienne coûte moins de $20. En plus, la passe me donne accès à plusieurs stations et je profite de les visiter : Revelstoke dans la British Columbia, Aspen dans le Colorado, Zematt en Suisse, et autres. Si ça vous intéresse, un Français a Écrit un blog sur ses expériences avec l’Ikon Pass l’année dernière.

Le Mont-Tremblant est le plus connu des stations de ski québécoise et la plupart des gens sur ce site ne connais pas les autres stations dans la région montréalais. Je trouve aussi que ce blog est très intéressant. C’est écrit par type de la Californie qui donne son avis sur les 100 stations de ski la plus grande d'Amérique du Nord.

Malheureusement je ne connaît pas Montréal mais j’ai une amie française qui y a vécu plusieurs années et elle m’a dit que c’est la ville avec le meilleur esprit qu’elle connaît avec une très bonne mentalité des gens. Ça me fait rêver parce que j’habite dans une villes où l’esprit est plutôt pourri. Mais tant pis ! On ne peut pas tout avoir.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online