• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi from California!

Fofo

Enjoying the mountain views
Skier
Howdy!

I joined pugski last year, and I think that it's about time that I introduced myself. I live in central California, and most of the time I go skiing in Mammoth and Snow Valley, but I like to take trips to Utah and if I find myself traveling to the East Coast during season I try to find a few hours where I can hit the slopes too. I consider myself a pretty average skier, but I'm always trying to improve and push myself a little bit more.

I'm happy to be here and to read about all your adventures and learn from your experience!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Welcome to the board @Fofo! CentCal to Snow Valley? That is an unusual journey! How will IKON affect your destinations going forward?

TS
Fofo

Fofo

Skier
Welcome!!! I lived in southern California for 15 years and consider it my home. I'm back in the northeast and mainly ski southern Vermont. Glad you are here :)

Thank you @surfsnowgirl!

Welcome to the board @Fofo! CentCal to Snow Valley? That is an unusual journey! How will IKON affect your destinations going forward?

Thank you @Mothertucker! Yeah, I know, it sounds strange, but my significant other lives in SoCal, and we split the time here and there (which means that I end up spending most of the time down there ;). The Ikon base pass sounds interesting! We have been talking about this. The blackout dates would not affect us, and I go to Salt Lake City for work every now and then so having access to Deer Valley, for example, sounds really good. Are you getting the Ikon pass?

TS
Fofo

Fofo

Skier
Thank you @moreoutdoorYuri! You live in a beautiful area, I really enjoy driving to SoCal along 101, much nicer drive than down 5. About Mammoth's long season, yeah! It was fun skiing there in July last year, in a t-shirt :D.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Thank you @surfsnowgirl!

Thank you @Mothertucker! Yeah, I know, it sounds strange, but my significant other lives in SoCal, and we split the time here and there (which means that I end up spending most of the time down there ;). The Ikon base pass sounds interesting! We have been talking about this. The blackout dates would not affect us, and I go to Salt Lake City for work every now and then so having access to Deer Valley, for example, sounds really good. Are you getting the Ikon pass?
I will probably end up with the full IKON for next season, even though most of my days are at BB and Mammoth and I don't travel to other areas much anymore.

Sponsor

Staff online