• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hi, Ex-EPIC forum & found PUGSKI

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Hi All,
Was a member of EPIC forum and recently found it was defunct... been a while since I went there...
so did a search and found PUGSKI. Ex EPIC forum members might recognize my ab'user' name was moreoutdoor on EPIC.
tearing my ACL and MCL off the bone, put me down for a bit - but I'm back and slower than ever, LOL!
holed up in Goleta, CA for a few decades... quite a few other places before
have skied a bunch...
hope to ski a bunch more before I become stardust again.
A Mountain, Winter, Snow, is my place of worship. Join me

Last edited:
TS
moreoutdoorYuri

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
We need to keep the lights on. If you have another way for the site to keep running and pay us for the 60+ hours a week we eaach spend doing this...we are all ears. ;)
yeah, ads are inevitable, and well managed advertising is expected and OK.
problems arise when the ads link to other, blackbox sites, and load their own, often slow loading, cpu draining stuff.
So far so good... I think it's important to 'review' ads and restrict advertisers from hosing the site.
EPIC became unmanageable, especially in the cookie avalanche...
I fully restrict 3rd party cookies, and often EPIC didn't load fully because the advert insisted on having their cookies set...
so far so good

TS
moreoutdoorYuri

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Welcome! Hope you've gotten some new gear since the profile pic.ogsmile
LOL! I often get comments about my current skis, all full camber except for Fischer Motiv88s (slight tip rise)... I just don't like full rocker. demo'd Nordica Enforcer 93 & 100s up at Lake Louise/Sunshine 2 wks ago. The 100s were passable , but the 93s were non-op. Just too squirrly for me. 1 full day each, on hard front side and 6 inch fresh backside conditions. meh... I guess I just don;t ski well enough to handle full rocker skis well.
Then I switched to Salomon 182 X-Drive 8.0s - they were my idea of a ski. Felt secure on everything, plow thru crud, carve on hard stuff, eat up the steep and deep.
... don't like full rocker...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
thanks for the welcome!
EPIC had turned to into a bit of a PITA (loading & 3rd party page intrusions) anyway... cruisin around PUGSKI, looks familiar... without the PITA! LOL!
Thanks Phil and Tricia, for gettin this done.
We'll try to keep the intrusions away, while we use ad space to keep the lights on.
As for thanks for getting it done, we have a lot of help behind the scenes if you take a look at our About Us page.

Sponsor

Staff online