• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Heyo! Mainer lost in CO

IceChick

Booting up
Skier
Hey all!

Stoked to have found this forum. I'm a Maine native currently living and skiing in CO. My parents had me on skis as soon as I could stand up and I've fallen deeply in love with the sport again and again. I raced in my tweens/teens but gave it up to pursue dance professionally. Turns out, a college education goes further than a dance resume and skiing is truly a lifelong sport. While I've come love Colorado skiing, especially the steeps, chutes, couloirs, and ample cliffs, I miss the community, camaraderie, and yes, the ice, of ME/NH/VT hills. I've taught/coached on and off for the past few seasons and will be instructing out here next season.

Excited to meet you all!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey all!

Stoked to have found this forum. I'm a Maine native currently living and skiing in CO. My parents had me on skis as soon as I could stand up and I've fallen deeply in love with the sport again and again. I raced in my tweens/teens but gave it up to pursue dance professionally. Turns out, a college education goes further than a dance resume and skiing is truly a lifelong sport. While I've come love Colorado skiing, especially the steeps, chutes, couloirs, and ample cliffs, I miss the community, camaraderie, and yes, the ice, of ME/NH/VT hills. I've taught/coached on and off for the past few seasons and will be instructing out here next season.

Excited to meet you all!
Where are you going to be instructing? Where did you coach back east.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to the party.

There is a regiment of people on here teaching in CO. Where are you teaching at?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey all!

Excited to meet you all!
Also, how did you happen upon our corner of the internet?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Trying to find info on currently closed resorts snowpack for hiking/backpacking purposes :)

Welcome!

Where do you want to go?

There is a lot of snow above 11k feet except sun exposed flatter areas and south facing slopes. Above 12k expect snow almost everywhere. Below 11k its almost melted out except shady spots.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Welcome. Hopefully you'll find information and ski friends here at Pugski.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Glad you stopped by. A few Mainers in this melting pot too.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
A friend of mine is going into his second season teaching at Sunapee. We go out west once a year or so but we primarily ski in the beloved ice coast. :). To quote Bruce Willis in Die Hard, "welcome to the party pal".... Lots of Colorado folk on here.

Last edited:

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Welcome from a former Colorado instructor (Breckenridge) now in Utah for the more highly oxygenated air. Say "Hi" to Gates for me. He introduced me to Breck's ski school in 2008. Join the crowd partying on Fourth of July Bowl on the back of Peak 10.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
This (sort of)) Mainer has been living in CO since 2000. Welcome!

I grew up in North Conway and lived in Portland for about 20 years. I also raced at Sunapee.

Sponsor

Staff online