• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

hey y'all from NC

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
SE US skier here, travel a good bit during season, was poking around looking for good ski discussion forums and found this, which seems to be awesome at first glance.

Learned as a young teen on trips from NC to Wintergreen and Appalachian, Sugar Mtn, a small bit in college, more living in Boston in the early 2000's - and got the bug in earnest about 7 years ago.

This year Utah, Taos, Tirol, AT - Banff. Maybe one more if I can finagle it (and manage to stay married :D).

Glad to be here looking forward to good info exchange.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
SE US skier here, travel a good bit during season, was poking around looking for good ski discussion forums and found this, which seems to be awesome at first glance.

Learned as a young teen on trips from NC to Wintergreen and Appalachian, Sugar Mtn, a small bit in college, more living in Boston in the early 2000's - and got the bug in earnest about 7 years ago.

This year Utah, Taos, Tirol, AT - Banff. Maybe one more if I can finagle it (and manage to stay married :D).

Glad to be here looking forward to good info exchange.
welcome to the site, I'm down here in Asheville and patrol at Wolf Ridge, where are you in the SE?

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
hey @Carolinacub Charlotte, NC. Never been to Wolf Ridge, should remedy that. We avoid NC mountains on the big winter holiday weekends, I don't know if Wolf Ridge has the same problems you see at App Sugar and Beech (overcrowding, unsafe riders).

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
hey @Carolinacub Charlotte, NC. Never been to Wolf Ridge, should remedy that. We avoid NC mountains on the big winter holiday weekends, I don't know if Wolf Ridge has the same problems you see at App Sugar and Beech (overcrowding, unsafe riders).
Holiday weekends are tough, lots and lots of people and the majority of them are firmly in the ranks of newbies. I basically have a standing offer to folks I meet on here. If you give me some leadtime I'll handle 2 lift tickets for you , since I patrol I have 2 permanent guest passes available. I'm up there most weekends since our season is so short and I'm trying to get as much time on the snow as possible.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
did y'all lock dates? Will be there for MLK (got kids in school, so, you know :) Skiing Sun/Mon, Jan 20-21

Edit: found, it, Feb 2-9 looks like - will miss the group. Next time! Thanks all for the warm welcome this is a great community.

Last edited:

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi @Decreed_It! Welcome, I grew up in NC, skiing Beech exclusively for a long time, then Wintergreen and then the BIG trip to Snowshoe. Both Wolf Ridge and Cataloochee are fine places to get turns in near Charlotte, esp. with @Carolinacub giving you a hook up at WR, you shouldn’t turn that down! I live in SoCal now, but the southern Appalachains are & probably will always be my spirtual home.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
but the southern Appalachains are & probably will always be my spirtual home.

brother I can relate, though the West is calling me . . . working on my 'win the lottery' retirement plan - home base in the Mtn West with a boat in the Caribbean for post-Hurricane pre-Ski (and a few breaks during) season :D come on kids study hard and get scholarships! Daddy wants to be a ski bum! LOL

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid