• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's alot of popcorn. Hmmmmm..

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
^^^ .... since Phil mentioned boots, one of my beefs on the boot hierarchy is that the stiffest boots have the best features. Why can't I get a 80-90-100 flex boot with 4 buckles, the wider power strap, maybe more cuff adjustment, lean adjustment, and the best liner in the lineup ? Softer boots are generally missing features, or have inferior features, compared to the 130 boot in the lineup.

This IS a proven strategy & Look should pay attention to the R-Plug/Dobermann 110 - the boot equivalent of th P15.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
#bringbackthe15

It's a winning combination and for me, NOTHING better.

FKS155 01.JPG

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Great to see those, Bill.

I'm kicking myself beyond belief, as a few years ago, I sold a lot of 15's. Our daughter had been a Rossi athlete through about 2006, and all of her tech skis were mounted with 15's. He speed skis with 18's. A lot of binding boxes arrived throughout the year. I kept a lot of the 18's, and still have a few in use.

I then desired to get serious about my fitness, and began to ride quite a bit, and "shrunk." I also am not getting younger, now 60 plus. Moral of the story.....the 15 is perfect for me, and should they roll it back out, I'm going to be all in. No question.

Of course, now I need to consider Grip Walk. I suppose that if I stick with a solid sole boot, I don't!

At any rate, the bindings on the Enforcers make me envious!

Cheers!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I touched on this in the Forza thread. We talked to one of the Product Managers, It is just not as simple as going back to the old parts bin and swapping springs for to make an 18 a 15, there are complications with the heels. Also I did bring up the concerns with poles tearing up the heels and talked about the addition of the metal cup a la the SPX heel, notes were taken. Also we talked about an option of a 80-85mm brake for skinner skies especially along with a design that bends upward.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-
Also I did bring up the concerns with poles tearing up the heels and talked about the addition of the metal cup a la the SPX heel, notes were taken.
If you've spent any time in a lift line in Europe you'll understand why they don't care about this.
:eek:
-
Also we talked about an option of a 80-85mm brake for skinner skies especially along with a design that bends upward.
If you've spent any time in a lift line in Europe you won't understand why they don't care about this.
:D

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I touched on this in the Forza thread. We talked to one of the Product Managers, It is just not as simple as going back to the old parts bin and swapping springs for to make an 18 a 15, there are complications with the heels. Also I did bring up the concerns with poles tearing up the heels and talked about the addition of the metal cup a la the SPX heel, notes were taken. Also we talked about an option of a 80-85mm brake for skinner skies especially along with a design that bends upward.

So we'll have to pick the next Forza color to launch the enhanced PugSki Pivot 15/16 at next years SIA :D

She'll have the DIN range of 6-16, different color Forza fade, metal pole tip cup, updated brake design in various widths and of course the all metal single pivot toe and state of the art upgraded Pivot heels. The Kerma Forza pole collection will also launch with at least the two colors from the Pivots covered...

Life on the mountain will be good.... REAL good! :daffy:

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Now for the back half... just a stainless steel pole tip cup and updated ski brake bend away from pure bliss.
Black FKS 155 heel piece.

Black FKS155 heel.JPG

JimL

Putting on skis
Skier
Well, after @Philpug's comment on my new Laser AX/Pivot 12 combo, I started looking around for a used Pivot 15 - but it looks like they only go down to a setting of 6, and my setting is 5.5. :(

There's an old set of 3D Forza Pivots with settings of 3-1 on ePay, but they don't appear to be on the indemnified list, and their brake width is only around 70mm. Maybe bring back the Pivot 10 for us small, slow guys and gals?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
There's an old set of 3D Forza Pivots with settings of 3-1 on ePay, but they don't appear to be on the indemnified list, and their brake width is only around 70mm.

You definitely don't want those - the heel housing is plastic and has a very nasty habit of breaking in half -explosively- at that age. Don't point your bindings at the cat!

JimL

Putting on skis
Skier
You definitely don't want those - the heel housing is plastic and has a very nasty habit of breaking in half -explosively- at that age. Don't point your bindings at the cat!
Yeah, I don't go in for non-indemnified bindings anyway, but thanks for the warning! And if they are plastic, no reason to consider them over the Pivot 12. However, a Pivot 15 with lighter springs....

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, after @Philpug's comment on my new Laser AX/Pivot 12 combo, I started looking around for a used Pivot 15 - but it looks like they only go down to a setting of 6, and my setting is 5.5. :(
Do you realize the difference between a 5.5 and a 6 in actual Nm of release settings? Minimal. A setting of 6 or even 6.5 would be in the "acceptable" range of a 5.5 on the chart.

Sponsor

Staff online