• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hey Guys

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Skiing for an hour a day counts as a "day"... I guess. :thumb:
Don't knock it! I keep my skis in my truck, along with a pretty good selection of passes.
If I am driving past a ski area, and I have a couple of hours to spare, I am booting up!
:daffy:

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't knock it! I keep my skis in my truck, along with a pretty good selection of passes.
If I am driving past a ski area, and I have a couple of hours to spare, I am booting up!
:daffy:
Lol, don't get me wrong, I am insanely jealous of the people who have means to only ski an hour or two a day. Being two hours away by car from my mountain I am really committed for a "day" when I go ski.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I live about two hours from skiing too. But I frequently find myself within striking distance.
Have to pick up the mother in law from DIA in the afternoon? Go to Loveland in the morning.
Have to look at some property up in the foothills? Go to Eldora.
And you never know when one has to do a little business development in Eagle County;)

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
My typical routine is to head up early one morning, stay over one night (maybe two), ski the next day, and head home. I rarely ski more than three days in a row.
That feels about right.
I always like to go home struggling whether or not to ski another day. That way, I am always eager to get back up there!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I live about two hours from skiing too. But I frequently find myself within striking distance.
Have to pick up the mother in law from DIA in the afternoon? Go to Loveland in the morning.
Have to look at some property up in the foothills? Go to Eldora.
And you never know when one has to do a little business development in Eagle County;)

Very true. I had to sell some Land Cruiser rims yesterday. Buyer was from Cheyenne. So we had to meet at I25/170. And since he got there early, all was done by 10:30, it was bluebird, I-70 was right there, so I had to head west and ski A-Basin.

I did miss a meeting, but arranged cover from Downieville. Such difficult decisions.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Very true. I had to sell some Land Cruiser rims yesterday. Buyer was from Cheyenne. So we had to meet at I25/170. And since he got there early, all was done by 10:30, it was bluebird, I-70 was right there, so I had to head west and ski A-Basin.

I did miss a meeting, but arranged cover from Downieville. Such difficult decisions.
I really like the way you think.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Skiing for an hour a day counts as a "day"... I guess. :thumb:

Hey now...I don't recall ever skiing for an hour and calling it a ski day. Well now that I think about it, maybe once or twice at the Basin. But that's only because partying on the Beach can be just as physically demanding as a full day on the slopes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like what @Andy Mink said, if you spend a day hunting and don't shoot anything, is it still a day hunting?

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I skied..... 0.
Same here ... 0 last season. My senior dog became sick last December. I nursed him back to health but felt I couldn't travel anywhere to ski.

He'll turn 16 next week. He boards well but doesn't stay with other people well - I think the "pack" thing kicks in at kennels - but boarding may not be an option any longer. If there's reason enough to drive to Mt Hood, I may get in a few day trips.

The sacrifice is an easy choice to make, but also a hard choice to make, if you know what I mean.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The sacrifice is an easy choice to make, but also a hard choice to make, if you know what I mean.
I do, indeed. (Although when margaritamarcia was getting chemotherapy, she and her oncologist insisted that I take my annual Alta trip. I resisted, and then all her friends said, no you really better go -- we'll take care of her. Good wife, good friends, good doctor.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Same here ... 0 last season. My senior dog became sick last December. I nursed him back to health but felt I couldn't travel anywhere to ski.

He'll turn 16 next week. He boards well but doesn't stay with other people well - I think the "pack" thing kicks in at kennels - but boarding may not be an option any longer. If there's reason enough to drive to Mt Hood, I may get in a few day trips.

You will not find a bigger group go dog lovers than in on here, led by Bob and Marcia.

Sponsor

Staff online