• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hey Guys

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I finally signed up. I like the look and feel so far.
I was wondering where you've been.
Grab a drink and join in on the conversation

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After being here 24 hrs my initial impression is this place is going to be a bastion of ski knowledge. I think it is headed in a great direction right out of the gate. Just seeing some of the threads and topics out there, I am encouraged to post. My one concern is I hope the culture stays casual and welcoming like thesitethatshaltnotbenamed always was. I could see people like myself that tend to stray more on the casual side of skiing might be intimidated by some of the knowledge and experience here and be afraid to jump in some of the conversations. I've been that guy, still am pretty often.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My one concern is I hope the culture stays casual and welcoming like thesitethatshaltnotbenamed always was. I could see people like myself that tend to stray more on the casual side of skiing might be intimidated by some of the knowledge and experience here and be afraid to jump in some of the conversations. I've been that guy, still am pretty often.

The best way to prevent that is to continue participating and representing the casual side of skiing. That way other people who are also not experts will see your posts and feel welcome. I see a good mix of technical info/expertise and just "fun"/stoke threads here, and I'd like it to stay that way.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The best way to prevent that is to continue participating and representing the casual side of skiing. That way other people who are also not experts will see your posts and feel welcome. I see a good mix of technical info/expertise and just "fun"/stoke threads here, and I'd like it to stay that way.

I am glad to do that and hope it is welcomed.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Epicski...Epicski...Epicski...It can be said. I am looking for more serious content, can we have fun while getting it? Absolutely. The attitudes are not what will be tolerated, no petty arguments, no baiting and no arguments for the sake of arguments.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sounds good to me. Am not an expert skier, never was and never will be but I do love skiing, the mountains, snow and most of all the great people I have known and befriended over the years. Besides I was wondering where have all the people I have gotten to know gone, now I know.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
After being here 24 hrs my initial impression is this place is going to be a bastion of ski knowledge. I think it is headed in a great direction right out of the gate. Just seeing some of the threads and topics out there, I am encouraged to post. My one concern is I hope the culture stays casual and welcoming like thesitethatshaltnotbenamed always was. I could see people like myself that tend to stray more on the casual side of skiing might be intimidated by some of the knowledge and experience here and be afraid to jump in some of the conversations. I've been that guy, still am pretty often.
Yeah, this forum is pretty serious.
:crossfingers:
Right, @Drahtguy Kevin?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I only skied 35 days last season

TS
Core2

Core2