• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hey, Bike Shops: Stop Treating Customers Like Garbage

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
There were some riders around here that would just do that...real strong riders that would show up on K-Mart bikes, hockey helmets, jeans, etc...they did this to just show other riders up. They did it for their own amusement and quite frankly to be mean.

Yeah, the guy who smoked us must have been some local ranked racer. At the time I could hang with cat 4 riders on climbs and cat 3's until they decided to "care", but this guy was 100% gone from the opening bell. I don't know what he got out of it other then showing us up. :huh:

Whatever. It's a good story / memory.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
@Philpug , you should figure out how to do a ski related interview with Bobke. ogsmile

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Because every cyclist in spandex is incredibly poorly equipped in the reproductive organ arena. Right. :roflmao:

I was just playing, those are your words not mine. :). If a buddy of mine was in on this conversation he would remind us he has never seen a big package wrapped in a small box!

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, the guy who smoked us must have been some local ranked racer. At the time I could hang with cat 4 riders on climbs and cat 3's until they decided to "care", but this guy was 100% gone from the opening bell. I don't know what he got out of it other then showing us up. :huh:

Whatever. It's a good story / memory.

No matter what sport, I’m in to go hard. It’s not about showing up someone else, it’s about giving 100% and having fun doing it and upping your game against yourself.

I‘d do the same if I could. If you can’t and someone pulls away, beats you or whatever, for me it’s not personal.

Sponsor

Staff online