• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

help needed with Intuition liners

everest8850

cruising along
Skier
Hi - experimenting currently, and may be able to get a pair of (mondo sized 28) Scarpa F1 touring boot -without liners. Shells only. These shells would fit a 27.5 liner or a 28 liner as Scarpa shells break on the size, not half size.

Currently, I ski a 27.5 Dynafit Neo and its mostly an OK fit, probably a 'snug' resort fit. Planning on a lighter,more touring dedicated boot, and the opportunity to buy a used pair of F1s seems tempting.

I have a retired Koflach plastic mountaineering boot that I modded with an 'R" side only Intuition Luxury LV size 28 liner that's been used just once. I bought just one side (R) of a pair of liners as my right leg is disabled and I wanted to climb with more support. Left foot is relatively better function wise, so I didnt buy a pair. I just made do with Koflach's OEM liner for the left Koflach boot.

Would it be advisable to use that Luxury liner in the 28 Scarpa F1 (right foot) shell, and take the Dynafit 27.5 liner from the Neos (left foot ) and pop that into the left Scarpa boot? It might make sense as my left foots a bit smaller than my right foot anyway. Thoughts appreciated! It would save buying a new pair of liners. I read that the Luxury line is less flexible than the Pro Tour line - but it seemed to do OK in a mountaineering boot when I was climbing in Nepal

Last edited: