• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me with ski pole length.

apache

Booting up
Inactive
As a gift to the GF I want to get the gal a set of those Grass Sticks. She's 5'7" tall about 135-140 in weight. Intermediate advanced skier who likes bump skiing in terrain that's not too steep, piste, and some off-piste (no tree skiing). What length shall I order for her?

Thanks Much!
G

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@Ron knows grass sticks well. A little shorter than regular length for bump skiers.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Here's Grass Sticks Size chart which I think is really good. I just went to the lower end of the chart for a new pair and love it. I am 6' and use 115's.

http://www.grasssticks.com/size-chart/

NOTE: Grass sticks has a fit guarantee

Fit Guarantee | Length Changes

We are proud to be able to offer skiers completely custom pole lengths and want you to be 100% happy with your new Sticks. If you are unsatisfied with your length choice just send them back within 30 days. and we'll ship them back within the USA* at your desired length for FREE. *Length change requests out of the USA will receive $14 off the shipping cost.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Use the short size from Grass Sticks. It will be well shorter than the standard 90 deg arm test which is prob 50 yrs old.
They list 44 inches. You could go shorter easily

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
start with 44, you can always have them shortened but not lengthened :thumb:

Last edited:

ChrisFromOC

Putting on skis
Skier
As a gift to the GF I want to get the gal a set of those Grass Sticks. She's 5'7" tall about 135-140 in weight. Intermediate advanced skier who likes bump skiing in terrain that's not too steep, piste, and some off-piste (no tree skiing). What length shall I order for her?

Thanks Much!
G

I just got Grassticks for my 5'8"daughter at 44" and she really likes them

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
And I talked a bit with the guy who makes them before choosing this size

that "guy" is @Grass Sticks Andrew Beckler, the owner. I'm sure he'll chime in. Personally, I would go 44' and see how that works. (as a side note, I'm 6' and use 115's, 45's.) I do agree with @James you can go shorter. A lot depends on skier level and form. if you are a true cruiser, and don't flex, extend much you will probably be fine with longer, if you are more dynamic skier, then a shorter pole will benefit you. Skiing bumps steeps and trees also benefits from shorter. they allow unfettered flexion and extension downhill and a more natural movement pattern. Skiing the past several weeks with the cast on my hand I have learned a valuable lesson in that I was pole planting too hard which actually interferes with movement and letting the skis flow more. I am trying to adapt to a much more "touch" oriented planting.

Last edited:
TS
A

apache

Booting up
Inactive
Can someone PM me the Grass Sticks Pugski member discount code? It was here earlier on the thread and now it's gone. Thanks! G

Sponsor

Staff online