• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me select the 3rd ski in my quiver

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have a pair of Norica Enforcer 93 as the daily driver, and Enforcer 100s for days with deeper snow.

Looking for a 3rd ski to tackle those hard pack days when it hasn’t snowed it a bit. Something stable that can really bite into the hard pack and carve through the cordory.

I’m 42 years old, 6’1” 185lbs. Advanced/intermediate, I do like to get on it and ski fast and aggressively sometimes, but also like to relax and cruise some. I ski about 20-25 days a year.

I mainly ski at PC/DV and some of the other Utah resorts. If you know Deer Valley, I love to ski all the runs on Bald Mtn under the Sterling, Wasatch, and Sultan lifts. Steins Way and Tycoon are about as steep as I go. I also enjoy the Flagstaff Mtn runs under Northside and Silver Strike lifts for some more cruising type runs.

What are some quality skis in this category?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I'll make it complicated.

Sell the Enforcer 93s.

Replace with Enforcer 88s.

Then buy a narrower, dedicated carving ski. But a friendly one since you're an advanced intermediate.

I've got some Nordica GT84s that I love in that category. Not as full-bore as a lot of the others in this category. Really fun skiing a bit slower with my wife, but still good up to about 45, per my buddy's GPS.

noggin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have the same wide end quiver ,for the east coast, and I did purchase the E88 without selling the E93 I know overlap but enough of a difference to keep both. I round out the narrower ski side of my quiver with the Head i Rally supershape and an older i speed model. The rally is a great carving ski and full of smiles all day long if you want to turn all day. The Head Titan or Stockli Laser Ax would also fit the bill with a little more versatility than the rally.
Good luck

thebonafortuna

Booting up
Skier
I haven’t skied it, but how about the new Brahma 82? Nice ~10mm drop that’s still dialed in on performance. Not sure how much relaxation it will put up with, but it would be on my list to explore in your shoes.

Sponsor