• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where!

• Schweitzer-Silver-Lookout-49N

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Whitefish

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
Conflicted. Need to be sold! Mid February: Does a guy go to Whitefish for a second year in a row or change it up and do a Spokane driving tour like Silver, Schweitzer, Lookout (or 49N). Seems like ID is getting awesome snow so far and I assume WF will catch up in the coming days. I wanna book tix but really on the fence for this one. Lets hear your sales pitch.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
We've currently got more snow than Silver or Schweitzer, but that is meaningless when talking about where you're going in February. Really, you could book to Spokane and make up your mind in February. As long as you're not talking between Feb. 10 and 25th, lodging will be easy to get last minute. Even then, I'm sure, for here at least, you'd be able to get something last minute because we've had a real lodging boom the last two years. And summer is the busy season. It just might not be your first choice of places.

How many days? How much time out of those days do you want to spend relocating rather than skiing? Did you get to hit all the places you wanted to get to last time? Sounded like maybe not. Although I'm not really in the tour business anymore when it comes to trees, I MIGHT be able to hook you up with someone your level for that. Depends on dates and conditions, of course. No promises. I just haven't really been doing trees as much as I used to.

@Fuller and his wife will be here all of February as well. I think this will be their fourth (?) trip.

Last edited:

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Flying into Spokane? Consider a drive to Red Mt. and Whitewater in B.C. Maybe even Fernie. (Bring passports or Real-ID driver's licenses.) All are better than Silver Mt., 49N, Lookout.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Fly to Spokane rent a car and wing it. A map and a dart can help. If the map includes Canada bring your passport.

Just had a nice storm pass through the areas the last few days Whitefish got it too.

TS
Jnelly

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
How long is your trip? If I had some time, I'd go for the multi-mountain adventure. If it was only a short trip, I'd stick with a single resort.

Thinking 4 days to ski. Arrive on a Sat...maybe earlier enough to at least get to a location that afternoon. Then ski the next 3 days and leave on Wednesday

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Then I'd stick with one place, assuming it's got acreage. Pick Schweitzer, stick to it the whole trip, if flying into Spokane. Plan B being here, strictly because Schweitzer is closer to that airport. But, if for some reason they aren't doing as well as here, you've got some Plan B's. Ski, don't drive.

TS
Jnelly

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
We've currently got more snow than Silver or Schweitzer, but that is meaningless when talking about where you're going in February. Really, you could book to Spokane and make up your mind in February. As long as you're not talking between Feb. 10 and 25th, lodging will be easy to get last minute. Even then, I'm sure, for here at least, you'd be able to get something last minute because we've had a real lodging boom the last two years. And summer is the busy season. It just might not be your first choice of places.

How many days? How much time out of those days do you want to spend relocating rather than skiing? Did you get to hit all the places you wanted to get to last time? Sounded like maybe not. Although I'm not really in the tour business anymore when it comes to trees, I MIGHT be able to hook you up with someone your level for that. Depends on dates and conditions, of course. No promises. I just haven't really been doing trees as much as I used to.

@Fuller and his wife will be here all of February as well. I think this will be their fourth (?) trip.
Def. leaning WF at this point. Why do you say "as long as not talking between Feb 10th and 25th."? I get that one of those weekends is Presidents day but whats up with the rest of that time frame? Is that the typical peak?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
We've got, still, a lot of Canadians coming here. Family Day in British Columbia is Feb. 12. In Alberta and Saskatchewan it's Feb. 19. Then there's Reading Week and Mid term breaks for BC and Alberta schools as well during those same weeks. The only bright side is the dollar. It used to be a real zoo. Now it's crowded, but nothing compared to how it was. Used to be worse than Christmas. Canada is only sixty miles away. Old habits die hard and a lot of them bought real estate here when it was cheap.

TS
Jnelly

Jnelly

Booting up
Skier
We've got, still, a lot of Canadians coming here. Family Day in British Columbia is Feb. 12. In Alberta and Saskatchewan it's Feb. 19. Then there's Reading Week and Mid term breaks for BC and Alberta schools as well during those same weeks. The only bright side is the dollar. It used to be a real zoo. Now it's crowded, but nothing compared to how it was. Used to be worse than Christmas. Canada is only sixty miles away. Old habits die hard and a lot of them bought real estate here when it was cheap.

Mmm well plan was to get there on the 25th and begin the skiing on the 26th. The place should be empty by then...
I hope

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January