• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's say that I am replacing my Fischer Motive 95 skis. And let's say that I can get any of the following skis and bindings for short money to use as my one ski western quiver. Which way would you go?

Head Core 93
Nordica Enforcer 93
Rossignol Experience 94
Liberty V92

And for bindings:
Aatack 13

Pivot 12
Pivot 14
(My DIN is set at 8.5)

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some excellent choices there. That Kore 93 keeps floating to the top. But the Experience 94 was fun, fun, fun during testing last year. The Liberty is an outstanding stable, fast ski that is a touch more groomer oriented. We all know you’re the adventurous sort and enjoy soft snow almost as much as good bourbon.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
As everyone else said, there are arguments for everything you listed.

On the binding front, the Pivots have more elasticity, the AATacks have more ski/snow feel. I really like the AATacks.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Let's say that I am replacing my Fischer Motive 95 skis. And let's say that I can get any of the following skis and bindings for short money to use as my one ski western quiver. Which way would you go?

Head Core 93
Nordica Enforcer 93
Rossignol Experience 94
Liberty V92

And for bindings:
Aatack 13

Pivot 12
Pivot 14
(My DIN is set at 8.5)

Head Kore 93 with the Aaatacks 13.

:micdrop:

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Your answer lies HERE.
A great summary! But which binding :cool:?

Seriously though, I figure that I cannot go wrong with any of the skis on the list. The reviews on the Rossi by Fair to Middlin’ and Kevin have me very intrigued. It would be great if I could make it to a demo-day and try them first hand and back to back. Over the past several years, my “western ski” has gotten progressively narrower: 106-100-98-95. And, so far, the decreasing width has not been a handicap in skiing all of the conditions that I encounter. I have this irrational fear that eventually I will hit a tipping point in getting narrower - kind of like those disaster movies where the climate changes suddenly result in a weather Armageddon.

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As everyone else said, there are arguments for everything you listed.

On the binding front, the Pivots have more elasticity, the AATacks have more ski/snow feel. I really like the AATacks.

Thanks for this input! I have been a Marker guy my entire life... I am not sure that I could really tell the difference from one binding to another (other than anything being a lot easier to step into compared to my Jesters...). I find it interesting that you say the Aatacks have a better snow feel. Intuitively, it would seem that the Pivots would be better in this regard due to the closer mounting points of the binding.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A great summary! But which binding :cool:?
Attack2 13- Lateral spring toe, quickest return to center. Ease step in heel. Least expensive
Pivot12/14- Longitudinal spring toe, more elasticity. Pivot heel, short mount distance, more elastic, can be quirky to get in. More expensive.

Regarding on snow feel, IMHO few come close the the Pivot.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Attack2 13- Lateral spring toe, quickest return to center. Ease step in heel. Least expensive
Pivot12/14- Longitudinal spring toe, more elasticity. Pivot heel, short mount distance, more elastic, can be quirky to get in. More expensive.

Regarding on snow feel, IMHO few come close the the Pivot.
What exactly do you mean when you say on snow feel?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What exactly do you mean when you say on snow feel?
The short mount distance of the Pivot allows the ski to bend easier and smoother which creates that feel.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Everyone is different, but I was all set replace my old Blizzard Bonified with a Nordica Enforce 93 as my daily driver and then I got to ski on a Head Kore 93. Then it was, "Stop The Presses" as the Kore is stiffer and way lighter than an Enforcer.

There is now a pair of 180cm Head Kore 93s in my ski locker waiting patiently for a bit more snow to fall and a few more runs to open before getting Salomon Warden MNC bindings attached.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
The short mount distance of the Pivot allows the ski to bend easier and smoother which creates that feel.
Could you talk more about the "feel". I could extrapolate, but this is one of those terms I read about (like playful) that I have difficulty imagining. I'm sure, once I understand it'll be obvious (and I'll feel stupid) but for now, could you please...........

Sponsor

Staff online