• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
From another Enforcer 100 disciple - go with the 93. Wish I had that ski on my last trip (Austria, spring conditions, FAST groomers). The 100 was a bit too much for all day, wore me out. Love them out west off groomers, not as much on.

TS
S

szyroki

Booting up
Skier
Colorado inbounds conditions

I don't think I'll ever ski in Colorado. At least, I have no plans to :)
Joking aside, I think I get your point. Duly noted.

You guys are amazing. I'm so glad I asked the question here.

TS
S

szyroki

Booting up
Skier
After searching my heart and my wallet, I pulled the trigger on the skis I wanted from the get-go. Enforcer 93 185 cm, mounted with Warden 13 MNC demo bindings (a tad tall stack height, but I doubt it makes that much of a difference) for a really good price. Thanks again for all the help and encouragement.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Certainly a great choice, wish you great skiing on it!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
After searching my heart and my wallet, I pulled the trigger on the skis I wanted from the get-go. Enforcer 93 185 cm, mounted with Warden 13 MNC demo bindings (a tad tall stack height, but I doubt it makes that much of a difference) for a really good price. Thanks again for all the help and encouragement.

You’ll love the skis!
I myself am not a fan of the higher stack height, the extra weight and longer binding track mounting length that doesn’t allow the ski to flex as naturally which will happen on any demo binding.

Much rather have a binding like the much higher performing Tyrolia Attack2 13 for less money with a low stack height, (over 600grams!) less weight and lots of boot adjustability still. Even the regular Warden 13 or an STH 13 would be an upgrade over the demo Warden version.

TS
S

szyroki

Booting up
Skier
If I could get the Attack for less (or the same) money, I would.

I got a pair that was used as a demo ski, with hardly any signs of use. If I hate the binding, I still have the Atomic FFG - that's always an option and I can sell the Warden. I got it with the Warden for less than I could get the Enforcer 93 flat (and new).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Warden 13 demo is one of lowest stack heights of all the demos at 25mm..which is about 10 mm higher than the Attack 13 GW..but alot lower than the Attack 13 AT demo. Plus they ski great. I woudln't rush to swap them out.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
The Warden 13 demo is one of lowest stack heights of all the demos at 25mm..which is about 10 mm higher than the Attack 13 GW..but alot lower than the Attack 13 AT demo. Plus they ski great. I woudln't rush to swap them out.

Also, @szyroki , demo bindings will allow you to move the mount back and forth, and find the sweet spot for you on the ski without having to re-drill the ski. In particular, difficulty in releasing tails may suggest trying a slightly more forward mount, and tails washing off may suggest moving a bit back. Stuff like that. See here , and here :)

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
If I could get the Attack for less (or the same) money, I would.

I got a pair that was used as a demo ski, with hardly any signs of use. If I hate the binding, I still have the Atomic FFG - that's always an option and I can sell the Warden. I got it with the Warden for less than I could get the Enforcer 93 flat (and new).

That’s okay then, if you got such a great price on demo’s and can just sell the bindings off.
I’d much prefer the Atomic FFG 14 with it’s lower stand height, lower weight(over a pound lighter), and shorter mounting area.

I’d use the demo bindings for a few days to get used to the skis, then try moving the boot center forward and back a bit to see if you like the skis even more at a slightly(MAX +/- 2cm on most skis) different mount. Live with the new mount for a bit to make sure you like it over the factory(go back to factory to confirm) and then mount the Atomics in that spot.

You will fall in love again with your skis and will feel like taking off heavy Winter Tires and wheels off a sports car and putting on your lighter Summer wheels and tires. Whenever I demo skis I always know if I really like them with demo bindings, I’ll LOVE them with regular bindings.

TS
S

szyroki

Booting up
Skier
So, my Enforcers came on Monday (they looked brand new, zero signs of use) and I took them out for a spin today. I feel like I should at least share my first impressions if anyone wants to read that.

First of all, I love the skis. Thank you to everyone who encouraged this purchase. They sure are a ton of fun! Also, thanks for making me get the 185 cm, I would've gone 177 and that would be a mistake, I think. Maybe slightly more maneuverable for bumps and trees, but this is probably just due to my low skill in that terrain. The Enforcers at 185 don't feel planky at all, they ski much shorter and are easy to control.
They hold a mean edge, if I want them to - I made some pretty nice GS-like turns, felt really secure with the edge grip most of the time (more on that later). And when I wanted to slow down or tighten the turn, I could push my heel out and release the tail without having to fight the ski. This means that they are much more suited to my skiing style and ability, I felt safe and in control, which is not something I could say about the MX89s (which is entirely my fault, I understand that – the skis are fantastic, just not for me, not now). Stability at speed is excellent - the noses were a little chattery in certain conditions, which made me more timid than I usually am for the first few runs. I guess this is just due to the rocker because when I pushed them harder after a while, I couldn't fault the ski for lack of stability at all. Quickness edge to edge is above my expectations for a ski of this girth, likely due to the excellent rebound out of a turn.
Lastly, they really want to go and feel best when I pick up at least some speed. I found them easy to control at slower speeds as well, just not the stellar performance they deliver when you push them a bit harder.

The bad:

Not much, to be honest, and I'm not sure if I can blame the skis or just myself. However, I spent most of my day on a black run and when things got a little icy after a few hours, I lost my edge a couple of times. I think I'll move the bindings back 1 cm and see how I fare with that mounting point. I have a feeling this may be the last piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:

pack21

La vita è bella, non sprecarla.
Skier
So, my Enforcers came on Monday (they looked brand new, zero signs of use) and I took them out for a spin today. I feel like I should at least share my first impressions if anyone wants to read that.

First of all, I love the skis. Thank you to everyone who encouraged this purchase. They sure are a ton of fun! Also, thanks for making me get the 185 cm, I would've gone 177 and that would be a mistake, I think. Maybe slightly more maneuverable for bumps and trees, but this is probably just due to my low skill in that terrain. The Enforcers at 185 don't feel planky at all, they ski much shorter and are easy to control.
They hold a mean edge, if I want them to - I made some pretty nice GS-like turns, felt really secure with the edge grip most of the time (more on that later). And when I wanted to slow down or tighten the turn, I could push my heel out and release the tail without having to fight the ski. This means that they are much more suited to my skiing style and ability, I felt safe and in control, which is not something I could say about the MX89s (which is entirely my fault, I understand that – the skis are fantastic, just not for me, not now). Stability at speed is excellent - the noses were a little chattery in certain conditions, which made me more timid than I usually am for the first few runs. I guess this is just due to the rocker because when I pushed them harder after a while, I couldn't fault the ski for lack of stability at all. Quickness edge to edge is above my expectations for a ski of this girth, likely due to the excellent rebound out of a turn.
Lastly, they really want to go and feel best when I pick up at least some speed. I found them easy to control at slower speeds as well, just not the stellar performance they deliver when you push them a bit harder.

The bad:

Not much, to be honest, and I'm not sure if I can blame the skis or just myself. However, I spent most of my day on a black run and when things got a little icy after a few hours, I lost my edge a couple of times. I think I'll move the bindings back 1 cm and see how I fare with that mounting point. I have a feeling this may be the last piece of the puzzle.

I also bought this seasson an pair of Enforcer 93 185, and as you say i can´t put many defects, given the versatility they offer me, maybe the fact that they want some speed to shine, make me be the king of the day, and not always the one to be, this is my negative point of them.

Is nothing with then that can intimidate me, hard, rough, transformed, soft, crud, sloped, they eat it all. I don't know if i would be happier with other skis, but i'm so happy with enforcer 93 185 that would not be able to buy others skis, without testing alternatives in all conditions.

Sponsor