• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Helmet Bag

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Im looking for a helmet bag that provides abit of protection to keep my trusty helmet nice and safe when it's banging around in the back of my rig with skis, poles, tablesaw, etc.

Ive got this rad Kulkea boot bag, and it's got this sporty sling contraption for the helmet but it doesn't offer much protection. My helmet almost fits in the main pocket, but not really. Looks like Smith made/makes one but I haven't found one to look at. Anyone have something that works well? I can fit all my other gear into the Kulkea bag, so Id prefer this to be pretty streamlined, just my helmet/googles. I've even consider some kind of bag like a stuff sack with abit of padding...

I stopped by a goodwill last week looking for a bowling ball bag, but no luck...

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There should've been one with your helmet if you bought name brand, otherwise eBay search: ski helmet bag. If you need something tougher you can also peruse into bike or motorcycle helmet bag if you like, but these tend to be bigger. If there is a specific helmet brand logo you want you can add that to your search.

The ski helmet bags don't have padding, because if your helmet can't take a bump, you got other issues. They are usually are soft touch microfiber that won't scratch goggles, but meant to be inside a gear bag, not out alone.
You want at least to have a drawstring so you can cinch it up and now you can put other things like spare goggles into the cavity without it all falling out

Last edited:

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Every Poc helmet we've got has come with a bag. Very minimalist to protect the finish I assume. I don't understand why a helmet would need padding to protect it.

I see a Poc bag on ebay for $1.99 right now. And searches for cloth helmet bag turn up a bunch of results.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Like this - motorcycle..
61CYxzAW5sL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ive got this rad Kulkea boot bag, and it's got this sporty sling contraption for the helmet but it doesn't offer much protection. My helmet almost fits in the main pocket, but not really.
Have you tried rolling it in? Top of helmet down, stick the back in first then roll the brim in. That's the way I get mine in the bag. Sometimes I have to pull the back of the bag up some to get it to work. I can get it in my Thermal Trekker with a sweater, pants, and jacket in the main compartment. Then goggles go in the helmet for protection.

TS
chris_the_wrench

chris_the_wrench

Skier
Yeah motorcycle helmets have bags of you can't find anything. Try Arai helmet bag.
Kinda leaning that way now, then I could swap in my dirt bike helmet in the summer time. But now I wonder if the visor on my dirtbike helmet throws that idea away?? Is there special Moto helmet bags for visors(falling down the rabbit hole.....).

TS
chris_the_wrench

chris_the_wrench

Skier
Have you tried rolling it in? Top of helmet down, stick the back in first then roll the brim in. That's the way I get mine in the bag.
If my boots aren't in their homes, yes it can wedge in. BUT I pack alot of stuff(jacket, gloves, mid layer) in there and I like how that stuff gets warm from the heated boot bag!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a nice padded bag that came with my Giro Orbit visor helmet... maybe you can get one by calling Giro?

1706587249082.png

Otherwise, Sweet Protection makes this:

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sweet do a larger one too, only a hard shell, without padding, but stops knocks against the arms of plane seats, bags dumped on hard floors, or airport security staff who think they need to pick up what you put in the tray and thud it in there again:

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you are cheap, put your helmet in a milk crate (I assume you can get them free from some body). Use pipe insulation foam to take up space if needed. My buddy use milk crate for his boots and helmet.

Sponsor

Staff online