• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Let's face it, we use our mobile phones for so much more than making calls. In fact, making a phone call is likely 5% of its actual use. For skiing, we use the camera on our phones more than any other app (in fact, you'll often hear some of the Colorado Crew say that their camera comes with a phone app). This reality makes Helly Hansen's new Life Pocket a brilliant addition to any ski jacket.

Picture this: you're on the slopes and inspired to take a picture, but your camera (with a phone app) is buried deep inside your mid-layer to keep it warm. By the time you dig it out, the moment has passed. Life Pocket is a handy tech pocket with a warm layer that promises to keep your mobile device two to three times warmer and enable your battery to last longer.

From Helly Hansen:

THE LIFE POCKET: 2-3 TIMES WARMER THAN A NORMAL POCKET

The Life Pocket, developed in collaboration with PrimaLoft, stays two times warmer than a regular ski jacket pocket, and the Life Pocket+ stays three times warmer. Ensure that all your epic moments are captured, your texts go through, and your GPS is available. Keep your phone alive longer with the Life Pocket.
Two of our favorite Helly Hansen Jackets from the ULLR Freeride collection:

Helly Hansen Life Pocket.png

ULLR FREERIDE COLLECTION
The ULLR Freeride Collection is named for the Norse god of snow. Powder lovers pray to him for an epic winter and you can wear ULLR for all your backcountry powder pursuits. May the first snowflakes fall ... we're ready!

James

Out There
Instructor
HH is Norwegian.
Their jackets come with a box of rain.

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm. My biggest worry with taking photos is dropping my phone off the lift. Once I am off the lift, I’m skiing and photos don’t even occur to me. I need a leash for my phone.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I was looking at the Helly site a couple days ago and saw Life Pocket. I figured it would be some kind of an avalung type thing.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I haven't thought about a new jacket in a few seasons. Really like my Arc'teryx. However, yesterday I found out that my brand new iPhone won't fit in the interior chest pocket which is where I always keep my phone. More first world problems.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think they should have made the pocket just slightly bigger.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Huh. Well I guess it could save your life if you got stuck somewhere and had to call for help and were still in cell phone range. But other than that the name is a bit melodramatic for me.

Sponsor