• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hello...(like Adele would say it)

BillyGoat

Booting up
Skier
Hey there. Upon suggestion by someone in another forum I came and like what I see.

I'm a young 51 who never considered skiing until 5 years ago when my son came home from school and said he wanted to learn to ski...i said, "let's do it!" Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since. At year 2, I tore my ACL playing basketball....man, that was the toughest winter ever. Luckily my kids were pretty open to my forcing them to ski every weekend so I could hang at the bottom and be close.

I'm still an intermediate skier, but hope to put in the time to get on blacks and bumps. I only get out maybe 20-25 times a season and almost exclusively in NY at Bellaeyre, Hunter, Plattekill. I try to get to Vt once a season. I have never skied the West or in powder, but I have plenty of friends in CO reminding me of what I am missing. At least they say, "If you can ski there, you can ski anywhere!"

Bill

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey there. Upon suggestion by someone in another forum I came and like what I see.

I'm a young 51 who never considered skiing until 5 years ago when my son came home from school and said he wanted to learn to ski...i said, "let's do it!" Needless to say, I've been hooked ever since. At year 2, I tore my ACL playing basketball....man, that was the toughest winter ever. Luckily my kids were pretty open to my forcing them to ski every weekend so I could hang at the bottom and be close.

I'm still an intermediate skier, but hope to put in the time to get on blacks and bumps. I only get out maybe 20-25 times a season and almost exclusively in NY at Bellaeyre, Hunter, Plattekill. I try to get to Vt once a season. I have never skied the West or in powder, but I have plenty of friends in CO reminding me of what I am missing. At least they say, "If you can ski there, you can ski anywhere!"

Bill

Welcome Bill we hope that you will become a fixture here. I know the mountains you ski and yes fi you ski there, you can ski any where. Will you get out west, I am sure someday you will and you will enjoy it but don't forget your roots of Nu Yawk skiing. J-E-T-S..Jets..Jets...Jets....

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi Bill! Hang around long enough and you'll learn a lot! Don't be afraid to ask questions here :) And you owe it to yourself to make a trip "out west". When you are ready to plan one, it's worth asking on the forum some good options for your ski level, who's going to be with you, what's important to you in terms of amenities, etc.