• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mountainwest

Booting up
Skier
Hi! New member from Idaho, right near the Wyoming border. I ski Grand Targhee (season pass), Teton Pass (backcountry), occasionally Jackson Hole, and Beartooth Pass/Beartooth Basin as much as I can in the spring/summer. I learned to ski as an adult and this will be my 7th season. Last season I skied Nov 12th-July 6th, which was my longest season yet.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Love Grand Targhee. Hopefully we’ll see you at the Gathering this year.

TS
mountainwest

mountainwest

Booting up
Skier
Yes I bought a season pass a few weeks ago! I was in Targhee for a month at the end of last season as well.
Then I will definitely see you up there. And chances are that we have ridden the lift together already. I’m terrible with names, but I remember voices.

Tom Holtmann

TomH
Skier
I bet we have as I skied everyday for the last month last year. I tele half the time and alpine half the time. I get there January 15th so PM me if you want to ski sometime otherwise see you at the mountain and lets hope for a snowy winter!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi! New member from Idaho, right near the Wyoming border. I ski Grand Targhee (season pass), Teton Pass (backcountry), occasionally Jackson Hole, and Beartooth Pass/Beartooth Basin as much as I can in the spring/summer. I learned to ski as an adult and this will be my 7th season. Last season I skied Nov 12th-July 6th, which was my longest season yet.
Glad you joined us here finally! I'll definitely look you up when we are up that way, starting in November and hopefully 2 more trips after that :D
As you can see by my profile picture, Targhee is my happy place!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad you joined us here finally! I'll definitely look you up when we are up that way, starting in November and hopefully 2 more trips after that :D

Ur avatar is the same shot as mine....lol. It’s one of my favorite places too.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ur avatar is the same shot as mine....lol. It’s one of my favorite places too.
Nice! Despite the reputation as "Grand Foggy" we have lucked out and gotten a majority of sunny days OR powder days when we ski there. I think we've had three nasty foggy days in the past 2 seasons out of 16 days total. Really no different than the fog we get at Snowbasin on a regular basis.

Reactions: BC.
TS
mountainwest

mountainwest

Booting up
Skier
I bet we have as I skied everyday for the last month last year. I tele half the time and alpine half the time. I get there January 15th so PM me if you want to ski sometime otherwise see you at the mountain and lets hope for a snowy winter!
Will do! So far it's looking promising.

TS
mountainwest

mountainwest

Booting up
Skier
Hey Amy! :) See you pretty soon (and I'm still on the lookout for passes). My profile photo was taken at Targhee also, but during our famous foghee weather. I did notice that last season was less foggy than usual, I wonder if that trend will continue. I actually like the fog because it clears the field.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Amy! :) See you pretty soon (and I'm still on the lookout for passes). My profile photo was taken at Targhee also, but during our famous foghee weather. I did notice that last season was less foggy than usual, I wonder if that trend will continue. I actually like the fog because it clears the field.
Fog does tend to clear people out for sure. I'll still blunder through it but my 50 year old eyes really struggle in it. We tend to avoid Dreamcatcher in the fog because the lack of trees up there make it :eek:

What's the upcoming storm supposed to do up there?

Sponsor